ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec

Post B&W 1-KW Low-Pass Filter

Original Barker & Williamson (B&W) low-pass filter for sale. This is model 425, was built back in the 1960s, and was considered the “Cadillac” of filters at that time. I have owned this particular one for about 20 years, and it has been in storage all that time. Was planning to get a kilowatt linear for the station, but never did, so I had no need to replace my 300 watt filter in use. This filter is in like new condition, probably because it is still in its original box, with original instruction sheet. I doubt you can find this model in better condition anywhere … period. From the looks of it, I doubt it has ever been used. Even the assembly screws show no paint chip marks to indicate anyone has tried to open it. The paint coverage is 100% and looks like new, as shown in the pictures. The coax connectors are also in perfect condition, with virtually no corrosion.

The installation sheet says this unit is rated for 1.5 – 30 Mc (which shows you how old this is). Specs from the 1965 Allied Radio catalog say it is rated for 1 kW and has a rated 85db of attenuation above the cut off frequency. Sold for $17.10 in 1965, which converts to $110 in 2006 dollars.

The only reason I am selling is that I simply have too many pieces of radio equipment, and have decided it is time to sell some of it.

Selling for $50 plus actual shipping costs. Best shipping would be USPS Priority Mail, which can get it to you in about 3-4 day maximum.

Payment by PayPal only (buyer pays small fee). Contact me via email at tzazeski@cox.net if interested. Don’t miss the chance to own this like new filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1040516.jpg   P1040512.JPG  

P1040513.jpg  

This ad was posted by N7SX Ted J Zazeski, Green Valley, AZ 85614,
    N7SX joined QRZ on: 01-03-2009 IP: 68.99.95.166

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send N7SX a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

This filter has been sold. Thanks to all for looking.

73's Ted Z
    N7SX

This ad was posted by N7SX Ted J Zazeski, Green Valley, AZ 85614,
    N7SX joined QRZ on: 01-03-2009 IP: 68.99.95.166

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send N7SX a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.