Callsign
ad: dxeng
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 20M 14.313 USB What is going on?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec

Default 20M 14.313 USB What is going on?

What is this ranting I hear on 14.313 SSB?

Something that I could only stand listening to for a few moments before turning the rcvr off.

It's an old fashioned frequency fight by a bunch of old farts. Ignore them. Try the warc bands. 17 meters is in pretty good shape these days, and the operators are polite.

I dont know, but guessing it is just another idiot, just ignore him and he will go away. You cant fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by WA8NTW View Post
    Obviously you don't remember the "stump jumpers" and similar individuals on that frequency from years ago (1990s). Such luminaries as KV4FZ, KA4MUJ (now SK), NR5T, WB2OTK (now reduced to SWL status by Riley H.), and a host of QRMers ("Raincoat Charlie," "The Producer," "Polly," ad nauseum). The more things change, the more they remain the same.

A friend who sells and leases commercial real estate once complained that there are "cursed" locations, that is, no matter what locates there, it always fails in short order. Maybe there are "cursed" frequencies on the ham bands, too such as the one 38 kHz lower
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by WA8NTW View Post

Last I heard the infamous, but who shall now remain nameless, nutbar from that infamous but unmentionable 20 meter frequecy has been trying to pick a fight with one of his former radio friends who hangs out on 313..... the wonderful world of amateur radio huh?

Fly like an Eagle....not like a Turkey

Similar thing going on 14.272 this evening. Might even be the same person, (sounds drunk to me) but, as always, tune away a few KC's and all is well.
    james
    WD5GWY

Quote Originally Posted by WD5GWY View Post
    Similar thing going on 14.272 this evening. Might even be the same person, (sounds drunk to me) but, as always, tune away a few KC's and all is well.
    james
    WD5GWY
    Yes indeed!! .... it's the same person ....... of course, any mention of his "infamous" callsign will make this thread an instant WALT contender

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Yes indeed!! .... it's the same person ....... of course, any mention of his "infamous" callsign will make this thread an instant WALT contender

Does the call sign start with a "K"? The world's worse operator has a call sign that starts with a "K". Tune in tomorrow for another clue!

Quote Originally Posted by K3TP View Post
    Does the call sign start with a "K"? The world's worse operator has a call sign that starts with a "K". Tune in tomorrow for another clue!
    No ......unfortunately the station in question has a callsign beginning with "V" ....... I wonder who it could be?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast