ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters

Default HTX-10 mic problem

Hello all, i have a RS HTX-10 that has developed a problem in the mic audio. When i push the ptt on the hand mic the TX appears on the screen but no power out on the meter. When in AM and FM modes is shows full power out, but in USB or LSB nothing. I have limited to the mic because when sing my digital interface i can get good power out in USB and LSB so it is something in the microphone. I have checked continuity through the mic cable on pin 1 (mic audio) If anyone has run into this and knows of a solution please let me know.

TNX and 73 de KJ4LTC
    Mike

I assume you're speaking into the microphone when you see "no power output" on SSB?

correct, i know that on am and fm i am seeing full output power from the carrier. Which is why i have nothing on ssb. My digital interface uses a mic cable from another mic that i had...i'm thinking about swapping mic guts and seeing what happens...bt i would like to fix the mic i have.

ttt, please...i need to get this mic working again! SFI is 96 and i don't have a mic!! Thanks in advance, i'll try almost anything.

Just posting a solution to this issue incase someone else needs it in the future. There are(from what i have found) 2 common component failures in his radio. The electret mic element and inductor L404, the problem in my radio was failure of L404...what the solution for me was...i soldered a jumper from the on/off switch to mic pin 6...supplying the needed 13.8 VDC to the mic.