ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl

Contribute
to QRZ

Default FT-450 and Band Scope

Anyone use the FT-450 with LP PAN (Telelogic) to get the band scope display? What is required for the interface if using IF STAGE SDR software? Just curious. See stuff about the FT-1000 and FT-2000 but nothing (that I have found) on the FT-450...

You can contact Larry at telepost but as far as I know it will not work with the FT-450 at this time the FT-950, FT-2000 with extra board (3rd party) and the FTDX-5000 are the only ones.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Default Radios

Heard it works with the TS (Kenwood) radios, FT-1000 series...may have to call them...

Default Not available?

Wonder what IF board this is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1HrlRqR2SE&NR=1

It goes in the place where the DMU board goes. Yes it does support several other radios but production model Yaesu are the ones I listed.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

Quote Originally Posted by WU0R View Post
    Anyone use the FT-450 with LP PAN (Telelogic) to get the band scope display? What is required for the interface if using IF STAGE SDR software? Just curious. See stuff about the FT-1000 and FT-2000 but nothing (that I have found) on the FT-450...
    According to the spreadsheet that's on the LP-Pan Yahoo! group, there is no IF output provided. Worse, it appears you have a roofing filter in the 1st IF (67.899 MHz) that is 24 KHz wide. That filter will limit you to 'seeing' no more than about 12 KHz from the receive frequency. You don't want to remove the roofing filter, since strong adjacent signals will then easily swamp your rig's frontend. IMO, there's not much value in 'seeing' only 12 KHz.

My Kenwood TS-850S also has a roofing filter in the output of the 1st IF (70 MHz). BUT, there's a "noise blanker mixer" that taps into the 1st IF before the roofing filter, and mixes it down to 8.83 (the bandwidth is limited mainly by the bandpass filter on the frontend). An output is provided for a panadapter (aka bandscope). I use a Heath SB-620 with it and limit sweep to 50 KHz. The small 3" CRT is the limiting factor!
    Quote Originally Posted by WU0R View Post
    Wonder what IF board this is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1HrlRqR2SE&NR=1
    The title of that clip is FT-450 SDR Dual receiver- within 24KHz. In the notes, it directs you to http://www.9a9.me/, where 9A5ATY describes what he did.

I think the only 2 radios that are plug and play with Lp-Pan with no mods at all is my FTDX-5000 and the K3's
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

Quote Originally Posted by N0AZZ View Post
    I think the only 2 radios that are plug and play with Lp-Pan with no mods at all is my FTDX-5000 and the K3's
    Far from it - there are many that don't need any modification. Others need only a tap added to the IF ahead of any filters. See the spreadsheet inside the attached ZIP file. Thanks go to Alan/N1AL, who posted it to Larry/N8LP's LP-Pan Yahoo group (message #4926).

My TS-850 (on the list) needed only an external patch cable. My TS-120S & TS-130S (not on the list) needed a simple buffer amplifier + RG-174 cable added inside the rig.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The two I posted need NOTHING you just plug it in the IF on the back of the radio with supplied cable that comes with the FTDX-5000 and K3. All I was speaking of was production rigs NOT old radios and in the question asked was on the FT-450 I guess you missed that.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

From the limited knowledge I have, it appears some radios, just need a cable tapping into the radio to take the IF out to the external of the radio. The LP Pan has to be modified to be radio specific.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast