ad: elecraft

Globaltuners Exceeds 33,000 Users

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1TXT, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1TXT

W1TXT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you haven' tried Globaltuners, give it a shot. Dozens of tuners are available from all over the world and you can check prop, your own audio, etc. I listen while at work, while traveling or just when I feel like connecting w/my PC. It's a great way to promote ham radio and many new hams exist today because of it. Signed up users will exceed 33,000 today and is quite a milestone as the site is totally free. Sign-up takes less than a minute.

www.globaltuners.com

Regards,
    Tom / W1TXT

PS....maybe you have some spare gear to put online, too?

2. K0YEQ

K0YEQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Tom

Tom,
    I also use Globaltuners when I travel. It sure is a great way to keep up on the nets I participate in. Thanks for providing your receivers on Globaltuners.
    I suggest checking it out for anyone who hasn't done so already.

Fred
    K0YEQ

3. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

VR2HF - HONG KONG DX Remote Receiver FT-817

One of the best remote receivers on globaltuners is run by my friend Dan VR2HF (K7DAN) with his FT-817.
    Click here VR2HF Remote Receiver

For North American or European hams, you can listen to the vast difference in the 20 meter and 40 meter bands in one of the best locations for sub-tropical DX.

Also, you will find that 28MHz is often open... but there is a lot of QRM from southeast asian taxis and mainland mil frequency-hoppers.

73 Bonnie

4. N4LWT

N4LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the purpose of global tuners?

In the FAQ, with regard to a problem of computers crashing when accessing the program, users are told that "even removing Windows XP Service pack 3 solves the problem." I think even suggesting this is preposterous on the part of the web site.

5. VA2DLJ

VA2DLJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow this is great that we are more than 33k users on this network. I remember being exited when we past the 10k users.

The purpose of GlobalTuners is to give everyone access to remotely controlled receiver, so they can use is as if they where physically in front of the receiver.

As for the FAQ and sp3 recommendation, this was a bug with Flash player from Adobe inc and it should probably be removed in the FAQ

It's pretty cool to be able to DX our own signal, for testing purpose or for fun. I Hope the network will eventually get more RX.

Luc, VA2DLJ
    GlobalTuners Saint-jean nodes.

6. W1WCN

W1WCN Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to Go Guys!

GT is a great way to get started in SWL or amateur radio. Thanks to Tom (W1WCN) and everyone who makes their receiver available.

7. AG6RF

AG6RF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Website Terrible

Their website has serious problems. I can't even get past submitting a request for an account .. it just sits there until you give up.

Ok, I'm on a superior OS, MacOSX 10.6, and using Firefox.

Requiring Windows and IE is so 1995.

Move along, nothing to see here.

8. W1TXT

W1TXT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Try Again

Richard and anyone else....there was a problem w/the site. Try again.

Tom
    W1TXT

9. AG6RF

AG6RF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I take it all back

Ok. Seems to be working now.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.