ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov

Arrow E.F. Johnson VIKING 500 Transmitter

Here's a really nice E.F. Johnson VIKING 500 HF Transmitter that's in wonderful condition. I bought it about 5 years ago from a Ham on the west side of Michigan who was using it daily. Shortly afterwards I moved to a new QTH that has antenna restrictions, and cosequently has been sitting on a shelf in the house since purchased. It's in great shape and has the original matching Power Supply / Modulator with cabinet, Owners Manual and Cables. It's currently wired for 120 VAC, but will operate on 240 VAC with minor changes. Because of its size and weight, I prefer pick-up at my QTH about 30 miles north of detroit. It could probably be shipped, but would require professional pick-up and crating by a trucking company, and you would be completely resposible for making those arrangements! Asking price is $2500. My user ID on eBay is JAMALLWE, and you can contact me at regencytr1@hotmail.com or at 248-613-8206. Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Viking 500.JPG   Viking 500b.JPG  

This ad was posted by WD8CRZ JAMES A WEIL, OXFORD, MI 483716098 IP: 166.248.68.234

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send WD8CRZ a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

Now THAT is a beautifully kept boatanchor - wish it was closer and cheaper!

Good luck - hope it finds a good home!

This ad was posted by K7GLD GARALD L DAVIDSON, Canyon City, OR 97820 IP: 67.215.38.84

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send K7GLD a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by K7GLD View Post
    Now THAT is a beautifully kept boatanchor - wish it was closer and cheaper!

Good luck - hope it finds a good home!
    Yes it is. And I, too wish it were closer, but I'd pay the price, if I didn't have to drive to the upper midwest, from SoCal, to get it. Gorgeous. THAT, with a 75A1, would make a truly nice 75/160 meter AM station.

This ad was posted by W3RXO DANIEL K GALLIGAN, Vian, OK 74962 IP: 69.35.168.117

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send W3RXO a private message.

What a beautiful old transmitter. It appears that someone has repainted it, which does not bother me. I don't do boatanchors, but I do remember that my father and I had a Valiant along with an NC-300 AM station in the late 50s, early 60s.

This ad was posted by KG8JF CHRIS M HILL, FAIRHOPE, AL 36532 IP: 98.90.120.62

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KG8JF a private message.

Don't think it would make a very good 160 meter AM rig, as I don't think it has 160 meters on it.

This ad was posted by W3TIM TIMOTHY R MALONY, ELKWOOD, VA 22718 IP: 108.56.6.182

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send W3TIM a private message.