Callsign
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wouxun KG-UV3D & KG-UV2D Differences?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Default Wouxun KG-UV3D & KG-UV2D Differences?

Does anyone know the difference between the UV3D and UV2D models? Seems that powerwerx is the only outfit selling the UV3D. Is the UV3D the latest in the line of Wouxun H/Ts? The UV3D isn't listed anywhere on the Wouxun.us website.

Quote Originally Posted by K3KN View Post
    Does anyone know the difference between the UV3D and UV2D models? Seems that powerwerx is the only outfit selling the UV3D. Is the UV3D the latest in the line of Wouxun H/Ts? The UV3D isn't listed anywhere on the Wouxun.us website.
    I don't know for a fact that this is true but I read on another forum that the only differences are the UV3D has a different case, the the firmware allows a custom 6 character power up message.

Powerwerx also has a custom version of programming software that allows for the custom power on message and also allows you to put spaces in the channel names. It is supposed to be compatible with earlier radio versions except for the power on message.

From what I can tell (and I might be wrong) the UV3D is a custom version manufacturered for Powerwerx, just like the UV2D is a custom version manufactured for wouxun.us and the UV1D is a generic version that is sold my many dealers.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by K3KN View Post
    http://www.powerwerx.com/wouxun-radi...ial-radio.html

http://www.asiaradiosales.com/index....ndex&cPath=131

You can purchase the KG-UVD1P for $102. which is also a dual band.
    http://www.totalradioservice.com/amateur.htm

biggest thing going for the v3 is the 1700 mah battery.

My V2 came with a 1700 mah battery.

I bought the 2D from www.wouxun.us. He was at Dayton in 2010.

The 2D I got came with the 1300mah battery, bought a 2nd 1700. Not missing the power on message, as I'd rather have the battery voltage show when I turn it on.

I sometimes get uneasy with newer models of apparently the same radio... are they doing cost reduction? That's always in the back of my mind. Maybe the new case uses less material, and is cheaper to make?
    73, Jay KC2TCM
    Certified C= Geek

Default KG-UV2D vs. KG-UV3D differences

Quote Originally Posted by ND5Y View Post
    I don't know for a fact that this is true but I read on another forum that the only differences are the UV3D has a different case, the the firmware allows a custom 6 character power up message.

Powerwerx also has a custom version of programming software that allows for the custom power on message and also allows you to put spaces in the channel names. It is supposed to be compatible with earlier radio versions except for the power on message.

From what I can tell (and I might be wrong) the UV3D is a custom version manufacturered for Powerwerx, just like the UV2D is a custom version manufactured for wouxun.us and the UV1D is a generic version that is sold my many dealers.
    I have found your information to be correct. The later versions of the UV2D (serial #K01 and above) also have the customizable Welcome screen and I am told the next shipments will also have the 1700 mAh battery making the differences purely cosmetic....

Mark
    Last edited by N4YAV; 02-05-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Left out infomration: The K01 and above UV2D no longer has the "black chrome" bezel. It is the same finish as the UV3D.

So now I have found that Buxcomm.com (packetradio.com) is selling the UV3D also. This kinda rules out the special model just for one company. Anyone else have any input. I'm looking at buying two or three of these (not all for myself) and I'm just wanting to make sure I get the best one. There's got to be some kind of differences other than a welcom screen.

Default wouxunHt

The wouxun i just received 2 weeks ago came with the 1300 mil batt. In the current advertising it features the 1700 m il batt.My serial #k0-10046 when i questioned ed about it i was told it came from a different shippment and wouxun raised his cost, my friend in PA just got his sat ,it has the1700 mil batt I not very happy about that but i guess i can't do anything about it.I would rather have the 1700 batt. so i gues i'll shop around and find it cheaper than 24.95.

Never mind the previous post -- here is the poop according to a local dealer:

• KG-UVD1: Original rugged model
    • KG-UVD1P: Original rugged model with added DTMF feature and upgraded firmware
    • KG-UV2D: European case and a few Dealer Specified firmware revisions
    • KG-UV3D: Lighter Duty Model with lighter Plastic case with exact same chassis as other models

All Models Carry the exact same FCC type acceptance there are no differences in design or specs of the chassis or electronics
    Last edited by KF5FEI; 02-07-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Found Specs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast