ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov

Smile Google Chrome Extension: QRZ Callsign Search

Hello colleagues,

I have made simple Google Chrome extension for fast callsigns search either in QRZ.COM or QRZ.RU databases.

Extension can be installed on the following page: https://chrome.google.com/extensions...hakbddff?hl=en

Your comment and wishes regarding this extension are welcome.

73!

Alex

Thumbs up

Tnx ,Alex have been wanting a QRZ option for Chrome since it became my browser of choice.
    [B]MY life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather i will skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
    WOW... What a Ride![/B]
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]

Question

Quote Originally Posted by RZ3DUA View Post
    Hello colleagues,

I have made simple Google Chrome extension for fast callsigns search either in QRZ.COM or QRZ.RU databases.

Extension can be installed on the following page: https://chrome.google.com/extensions...hakbddff?hl=en

Your comment and wishes regarding this extension are welcome.

73!

Alex
    Is there a FF version avaiable ??? ;-)
    73! Tony RC3C ex.RV3DHC
    QTH: Moscow, Troitsk

Alex--your extension is fantastic, just what was needed for Chrome.
    One question--it seems you cant "right click" in the mini web page that is displayed and "copy"--control "C" works though--is it my error or is cut n paste via mouse disabled?
    tnx 73
    [B]MY life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather i will skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
    WOW... What a Ride![/B]
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]

Very cool! Thanks!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ
    Surfing the net with my Radio Shack TRS Model III
    I'm a Prisoner (FH#1125), Locked up in Hellschreiber.
    30 Meter Digital Group #1076 - JT65-HF Addict (currently in treatment)

Hello colleagues.

Many thanks for your messages! I'm sorry for delay with reply, just I was on business trip and very busy. I would like notify you, that new version of QRZ Callsign Search plugin was released (http://goo.gl/uGXOK). In this version users can select default search site, just by clicking either on qrz.com or qrz.ru. This functionality was made by request from our Russian amateur radio operators.

I have question to all of you:
    How do you think, is there is need create history of queries? For example on the bottom of popup window will be displayed latest 5 search queries with result link?

Thanks in advance.

73!

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by RV3DHC View Post
    Is there a FF version avaiable ??? ;-)
    Not yet. But I'm thinking about the same plugin for Firefox, Safari and Opera.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by K8MCN View Post
    Alex--your extension is fantastic, just what was needed for Chrome.
    One question--it seems you cant "right click" in the mini web page that is displayed and "copy"--control "C" works though--is it my error or is cut n paste via mouse disabled?
    tnx 73
    Hello William,

Thanks for your message. It's not your error, just Google Chrome doesn't allow right click menu on extensions. You can only use keyboard shortcuts for copying or pasting data to extension controls. Sorry for that.

Alex

New version 1.0.3 was released. Now selected text from webpage will be put into the callsign field. http://goo.gl/uGXOK