ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Default Messenger 10 meter amp

Messenger 2v 10 meter amp. 2 motorola transistors, variable power, preamp. I got it when I bought a guy's mobile setup. Didn't want the amp, just the radio, but he wouldn't break up the setup. I thought I would use it eventually but never did. I have never used it, so selling it as used and untested. $55 shipped to conus. paypal or usps mo.

This ad was posted by KC9LLV HALLIN B BURGAN, MT VERNON, IL 62864,
    KC9LLV joined QRZ on: 09-29-2008 IP: 75.129.231.217

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KC9LLV a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

Thumbs down more info

So this thing is a unfiltered CB amp? If not what are the band pass filter cutoff points? and what is the bias on the transistors? low drive like a CB or higher?
    [CENTER]A bad day camping or playing radio is ALWAYS better than a good day working.:D[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]I am tired NOW! How come I have to RETIRE when I am older?:confused:[/CENTER]

This ad was posted by N0FPE DANIEL B NICHOLSON, CHANDLER, AZ 85224,
    N0FPE joined QRZ on: 06-02-2001 IP: 68.2.177.99

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send N0FPE a private message.

Nice red thumbs down. My answer to all of your questions is: I have no idea. I am not an amp person. Never had one (except this one), never used one. I got this thing as part of a package deal and want to move it. I guessed at the price. If you don't like the price feel free to lowball me. Like I said, used and untested.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KC9LLV a private message.

OK got some negative comments via pm. I am not a CB'er. Pardon my ignorance. Thanks for the attitude. Amp is no longer for sale.

The man is just trying to sale something he don't need or know much about it. He can't tell what he don't know.

This ad was posted by , , ,
    TONYCLARK joined QRZ on: 07-09-2010 IP: 184.44.4.28

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send TONYCLARK a private message.

I don't see what the big deal is, especially if you sell it to a ham. Sell it as a project, someone can correct the bias and slap a simple output bandpass on it, problem solved.

No need for the self proclaimed radio cops to come out of the woodwork.

This ad was posted by K4AX JESSE D LINDLEY, GREENSBORO, NC 27408,
    K4AX joined QRZ on: 04-28-2007 IP: 66.87.132.240

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send K4AX a private message.

Thumbs up

I need 2 sd 1446 to repair my amp. I actually need 4 but if those are sd1446 transistors I am interested in your amp for parts. I buy these at every chance and turn them into nice ham amps with tuned I/O circuits. Let me know.

This ad was posted by K8SMD stephen daniluk, MINERAL RIDGE, OH 44440,
    K8SMD joined QRZ on: 03-09-2009 IP: 24.154.222.154

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send K8SMD a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by N4BFD View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is, especially if you sell it to a ham. Sell it as a project, someone can correct the bias and slap a simple output bandpass on it, problem solved.

No need for the self proclaimed radio cops to come out of the woodwork.
    Gotta agree 100% on being Self Righteous!
    The Amp was offered to the Ham community, which is in compliance with the FCC.
    It's not the Class of the license that the Amateur holds. But, the Class of the Amateur that holds the License. - Unknown.

This ad was posted by W9MMS MILVERTON M SWIRE, SCHAUMBURG, IL 60195,
    W9MMS joined QRZ on: 09-01-2008 IP: 70.208.198.195

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send W9MMS a private message.

Messenger amps are one of the cleanest CB/10 meter amps out there. i sell at electronics swap meets and always find it funny how some of the "hams" are so fast to turn their noses up at CB gear. usually after they ask what it is, because they don't know without being told it's for CB. then as they walk away they say something like " I need someone to wire this mic I just bought".

This ad was posted by KF6EZZ PETE K LEXY, Wrightwood, CA 92397,
    KF6EZZ joined QRZ on: 03-09-2010 IP: 173.58.182.127

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KF6EZZ a private message.

Most CB marketed gear works on 10m, or even the HF bands in general. You can buy a lot of equipment marketed at CB'ers for a very good price. Antenna trimmers (manual and automatic), SWR meters, microphones, antennas, and even mobile RF amplifiers, etc. Granted, some of it is low quality, but so is a lot of ham marketed gear for twice the price.

The freebanders have really hosed up things for anyone interested in 10m monoband gear. You can't seem to win. You either buy a full featured HF rig, or you're lumped in with the no-code, CB, ham-wanna-be stereotype. I can't say I blame hams for being touchy about it though. CB has caused a lot of trouble for the 10m ham band in its history.

I also want to be specific of my sentiments here. I do not support unauthorized use of ham frequencies by the CB community, or the use of equipment that does not operate within specs. I do however support ham use of CB marketed gear when it saves them money or fits their needs.

This ad was posted by KF4ZHL KENNETH M FROEHLKE, GRANGER, IN 46530,
    KF4ZHL joined QRZ on: 10-04-2003 IP: 50.165.178.15

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KF4ZHL a private message.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast