ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov

Unhappy Need schematics for mirage amplifiers

I sure hope someone can help me out, I have both the a1015g and the 2 meter 3016 I need to fix the preamps and do some other work on mine and misplaced my manual for the gear,I need to replace the preamp transistors in both of them,Thanks,Michelle 73 all

You can find the schematic for the Mirage 3016 here:

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/mirage/b3016

You need to replace the J309 transistor.

But unless you are planning on using hardwire T/R switching and NOT the RF detected T/R switching you will be wasting time to repair the internal preamp.
    It will just fail again because the transmit signal from your transceiver will burn out the preamp before the relay in the Mirage amplifier switches from RX to TX.

Cool Thanks much for the help:)

I appreciate the way we hams help each other out with little problems like finding stuff like schematics, amazed me MFJ is so tight fisted with things.
    Yes, I do plan to use them hardware controlled, I know the a1050g is also with fried transistor in the preamp. The rigs I plan to use with it have provision for T/R switching,I know preamp in the shack is going to be noisier than mast mount but for now might do it as I intend to maybe go portable at times.
    I really do not like to use rf sense because every time the mic is keyed the relays will be hot switched and rigs I know do not like that very much, they are often the reason why finals fail in rigs with RF switching,well, that is not set in stone but I have seen that before as a bench tech, either the relay contacts became pitted enough to not work as they had RF on them zapping back and forth when switched into and out of transmit. Thanks again ,I am gonna be a happy camper when I get my ic706 mk2g working next,hoping it is simple and easy enough,wish me luck, Sincerely,Michelle 73