ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-innov

Default SB-35 Sideband Engineers

Some time ago there was a thread about these rare radios, and it had a picture(s) attached . . .

I'm working on an article on SBE ham gear and would like to find those pictures, and if at all possible, a scanned (pdf) manual, and any or all ads in the mags about it.

All I remember is that it was somewhat similar to the SB-34 (same style knobs), but now it had all of 10 meters. ISTR it also had a self-contained AC and DC power supply.

I found information on the SB-36, a OEM badged Uniden transceiver, that has nothing to do with the 33/34/35 design by Faust Gonset.

Let me know here . . .

Gary WA7KKP

Quote Originally Posted by WA7KKP View Post
    Some time ago there was a thread about these rare radios, and it had a picture(s) attached . . .

I'm working on an article on SBE ham gear and would like to find those pictures, and if at all possible, a scanned (pdf) manual, and any or all ads in the mags about it.

All I remember is that it was somewhat similar to the SB-34 (same style knobs), but now it had all of 10 meters. ISTR it also had a self-contained AC and DC power supply.

I found information on the SB-36, a OEM badged Uniden transceiver, that has nothing to do with the 33/34/35 design by Faust Gonset.

Let me know here . . .

Gary WA7KKP
    I've only seen pictures of the SB-35 and never saw one for real. I did see an SB-36, however (up close) and it was very different from the 33/34. I understood both the SB-35 and SB-36 were made in Japan under an OEM agreement between SBE/Raytheon and a Japanese manufacturer, and that only the SB-33 and SB-34 were really California-made products. (Faint memory, though, from almost 40 years ago.)

I found an SB-36 photo on line that does look like the SB-36 I saw at the SBE/Raytheon facility in the San Francisco area many years ago:

http://www.noobowsystems.org/restora...-36/sb-36.html

Default SB-35

Hi Gary-

I'd be interested in your research when you get done. I have a SBE-33, a couple of SB-34 and SB2LA. I had a Codeadapter at one time andwish I could locate one of those again! The gear was definitely ahead of it's time.

I did find a picture of the SB-35 on the Rig Reference website - http://rigreference.com/rig/4525-SBE_SB_35.

As mentioned in the other response, there is a copy of the SB-36 manual on the Noobow Systems Lab site -(http://www.noobowsystems.org/restora...-manual-00.pdf).

--Ken WA4SQM

Default tnx

Already had the SB-36, but the link to the 35 was just what I was looking for . . .

I remembered it looked sorta like the 34, but of course it has 10 meters now (finally!). I think the 35 was American designed, and the 36 was OEM'd by Uniden.

Yeah, I had a nice 34 station, with the rare VOX unit, an oem (Turner) mic, SB2LA, and I had received 6 6JE6's with it. A fellow ham in MO gave me 6 more . . . woohoo!! Could have sold them to CBer's for a small fortune.

Gary WA7KKP