ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-gcopper

Default disabling key beeps on quansheng handheld

. . i really like this guy, but i haven't been able to find how to turn off the key beeps. no big deal, but can anyone help me out?

tnx,
    bill

Default oops shoulda identified the handheld

. . its a quansheng tg-uv2.

bill

Live with it!

Carl, NQ3U

Press <menu> key, then <up> or <down> key to get "11 BEEP", then <menu> , get "11 ON", <up> key to get "11 OFF", <menu> key and it's done.

You should be able to download the manual.

Default i don't have a menu key

. . there are apparently a few variations of this handheld.
    . . i received a manual with the radio, and it says its a tg-uv2. the sticker in the back of the radio says the same, and also lists the s/n as 80725418.
    . . i cant find anything in the manual about the key beeps. there is an icon in the display, designating that key beeps are enabled, but it may be for another configuration of the radio.
    . . i can get to a "menu" display by pressing F and 0/set, but my options from that point on appear to be limited to 0 through 9. i tried the up down buttons with no success.
    . . i like this handheld so much that i ordered another one.
    . . thanks for the note.

73, bill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K4TVE; 07-12-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Umm. Mine's a TG-UV.

Can you borrow a computer programming cable? (A TYT, Kenwood, etc. cable will work. )

The software is free. If you get that and start it up, even without a cable, you will see what it can do. Software programming often gives more options, of the sort which are "once only" settings.

7. Default

The software has been added to the Yahoo Group for this radio. It has been confirmed to work with the TG-UV2 and has a beep option. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TG-UV2/

Default thanks guys

. . i have the software now, and see how to turn the beep on and off. i'm almost used to the beeping now, tho, lmao.
    . . i purchased a kenwood compatible cable, but it was usb based. it causes the radio to start transmitting as soon as it is plugged in. i have several usb to db9 adapters, and will get around to ordering another cable when the irritation subsides.
    . . thanks much for the note about the yahoo group. i am in the process of joining it now.
    . . i have two now, and i'm going to have three of these things before long. the only feature i would like would be dtmf tones, but i can't remember the last time i used them on the yaesu.

tnx es 73,
    bill