ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

Question replacement mic for HTX-100

hello all, looking for some suggestions on a replacement mic for my HTX-100. thanks
    Being a good radio operator is 3% TALENT, 97% not being distracted by the INTERNET.

[email]KB1JFQ@yahoo.com[/email]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/glockmaster2002[/url]

Go to Ken's Electronics. They sell one there just for the HTX 100. It has the up and down buttons included and runs about $40.
    ECHOLINK NODE#401099

Thanks I'll go take a look at what they have. 73

Quote Originally Posted by W9PSK View Post
    Go to Ken's Electronics. They sell one there just for the HTX 100. It has the up and down buttons included and runs about $40.
    Being a good radio operator is 3% TALENT, 97% not being distracted by the INTERNET.

[email]KB1JFQ@yahoo.com[/email]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/glockmaster2002[/url]

If you can find a Kenwood Mic, they should work with the HTX-100. My brother used to have a TS-50, and the mic worked worked fine on my HTX-100.

KU4UV

I put a commercial Kenwood mike on my HTX. Had to solder a connector on the end to the right pins. It didn't have any up/down buttons, but the audio is superb. I never got many compliments on the original mike, but got a lot on the replacement. "Can't believe that is an HTX-100" was typical.

Any dynamic mike should work, some will sound better than others.

Joe
    We cannot tax our way to prosperity.

Joe, I'm too cheap to spend $40 on a mic for my HTX-100, so I wired up one from a Cobra 29. I know, I know. How could I ever mix the holy with the profane?
    ECHOLINK NODE#401099

Quote Originally Posted by W9PSK View Post
    Joe, I'm too cheap to spend $40 on a mic for my HTX-100, so I wired up one from a Cobra 29. I know, I know. How could I ever mix the holy with the profane?
    Right. I agree. A mike is just a mike. Some CB mikes are pretty good. I had a Kenwood mobile mike, for free, so I wired it on. I never used the up/down buttons anyway.

A HTX 100 is worth about $100. Seems a little overboard to spend $40 on a mike. But that's just me. YMMV.

Joe
    We cannot tax our way to prosperity.