ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Default North Korean Radio??

I got a kick out of this..

From the official North Korea website (http://www.korea-dpr.com), I was bored at work and I found that they sell radios!! However I can't tell if its fake, has anyone else seen this type of radio... Obviously its not ideal for amateur use anyway, but I am curious..

Chris
    A man not willing to die for something, is a man not fit to live.

Wonderful WYOMING, Accept no substitutes.

I can't find what you are talking about. Neat site though.

Brad
    "Life is just like ridin' broncs, its a battle". Chris ledoux

Long live Steamboat

Clicked Business, Clicked Exports, saw this. http://www.korea-dpr.com/business/Tactradio.pdf
    "[I]Keep the Amateur in Amateur Radio. Keep the professionals and Part 90 out[/I]." Ed Brooks, W5HTW (SK)

[B][SIZE=3]If you can't make fun of yourself, go sit in the truck :cool: - W5WPL[/SIZE][/B]

9812 Banway Drive, Greenwell Springs, LA.

I'm so Ronery / So ronery / So ronery and sadry arone / There's no one / Just me onry / Sitting on my rittle throne / I work rearry hard and make up get prans / but, nobody listens, no one understands / Seems rike no one takes me serirousry / And so, I'm ronery / A rittle ronery / Poor rittle me / There's no one I can rerate to / Feewr rike a biwd in a cage / It's kinda siwry / but, not reawry / because, it's fiwring my body with rage / I'm the smartest, most crever, most physicawry fit / but, nobody erse seems to rearrize it / When I can the worrd maybe they'rr notice me / And untiwr then, I'wr be ronery / Yeaaaaah, a rittle ronery / Poor rittle me...
    73, Heath/KE5FRF
    CWOps#776/SKCC#1940/NAQCC#1712/WAS#52445
    EchoLink Node#268023
    W5YI-VE
    My favorite mode? Morse, of course.

9812 Banway Drive, Greenwell Springs, LA.

I lived in Korea (South) for a year in 1997.

Those North Koreans have a hard enough time growing rice. I'm sure that little radio works just fine. I'll leave it at that.

Don't try to buy one though. If export CBs can't cut the mustard.....well, you get the idea.
    73, Heath/KE5FRF
    CWOps#776/SKCC#1940/NAQCC#1712/WAS#52445
    EchoLink Node#268023
    W5YI-VE
    My favorite mode? Morse, of course.

I'm sure anything that comes out of N. Korea smells like charcoal and burnt rubber, that smell that screams "made in a workers paradise". I would expect anything they make to pretty much be junk.

Looks like ol Kim my have dropped one in his mess kit by sinking that South Korean ship.
    I'm sorry you don't have the experience or understanding to realize that others possess a skill set that you seem to dismiss as fantastical.

Is it legal to even buy anything from NK? I know we can't export technology there.

I Want YOU !

73, Randy K5RCD south Texas
    ARRL VE

I see. Pretty much junk eh ! That's why the US government is a little concerned about the fact they have rather good inter ballistic missiles and may well have nuclear warheads, and torpedo's which work, but as you say the radio's may be a bit crappy.

G0GQK

Nobody can beat China for good cheap stuff. It's all delicate, but it works great! I love me some Chinese people.
    KY5U-Ham Genius (Second Class)
    http://m.ky5u.net

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast