ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl

Default The First MotoTrbo Ham Repeater In New York City

Frank Dinaro KC2CQR and freinds put up the first MotoTrbo Ham Repeater in the New York City metropolitan area. Coverage Includes Parts of NJ, Connecticut & Long Island. We are also connected via internet the possibilities are unlimited.

This MOTOTRBO Group is dedicated to the Amateur Radio Community, not the commercial sector. Mototrbo utilizes TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) digital voice, messaging, and GPS radio technologies, in addition to analog. Our system is open to all Amateur Radio Operators who have MotoTrbo compatible radios. Join us http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112582768753925

Default YEP, just what we need!

YEP, just what we need in ham radio, another high priced pretty much single manufacturer digital communication system like D-star with trunking and internet connectitity, etc.
    Dave

the only one here who sold out the most is this chick..

she had to get tattoos of Motorola logo for her job. that sucks.

yea I 2nd the technology un-wow I dont see how its cool that radio systems are connected to the internet to be useful, until the codec's are open source and the technology is unified this is just another product for people to have fun with, but I really dont see how this "advances" the hobby.

Let's keep the AMATEUR in Amateur Radio.
    "The more you know, the less you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by K7MHI View Post
    the only one here who sold out the most is this chick..

You think that guy behind her is trying to look down her dress?
    We cannot tax our way to prosperity.

K2TFT Guest

He might need MORE glasses

Quote Originally Posted by KL7AJ View Post
    Let's keep the AMATEUR in Amateur Radio.
    I sure don't want to rain on anyone's parade, who am I to judge?

But - Well said. Amateur Radio was literally built by hams themselves. When I was in the Boy Scouts (aaaages ago) the father of the scoutmaster was ham, (Tom Gloystein, was his name). He was amazing. He would QSO in SSB without even turning the VFO on. I have no idea how he did it.

He built everything he had, as much as he could. As I look back, it must have been pre-WWII stuff. (he was born ca1900-10?) The transmitter took an entire relay rack and was mostly all open. ("Don't touch anything!"). That made a permanent impression on me.

It wouldn't be much fun for me if all the hobby consisted of was just buying stuff and using it.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Andrew
    N8LWF[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thumbs down Too Many Single Manufacturer Specific Systems

I need another manufacturer specific system about as much as a fish needs a bicycle!
    When will it end? Oh! when WE quit buying into the sales hype.
    IMHO keep MotoTrbo in NYC!
    Bill/K4FLH
    Non illegitimis carborundum

I can't believe they're trying to sell us this.
    Commercial wireless ripped out TDMA 8 years ago.
    I do CW 95% of the time anyway. That was standardized about 120 years ago.

Question

Does the CQR repeater use the trbo digital mode? Is mototrbo Digital voice a part 97 accepted scheme? Is there any publicly available documentation on this particular digital protocol? This discussion came up recently in another forum. As I understand it Motorola has the protocol specification under proprietary lock and key== only developers licensed and certified by motorola can access the protocol? Is this still true?

Quote Originally Posted by W2KTU View Post
    Frank Dinaro KC2CQR and freinds put up the first MotoTrbo Ham Repeater in the New York City metropolitan area. Coverage Includes Parts of NJ, Connecticut & Long Island. We are also connected via internet the possibilities are unlimited.

This MOTOTRBO Group is dedicated to the Amateur Radio Community, not the commercial sector. Mototrbo utilizes TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) digital voice, messaging, and GPS radio technologies, in addition to analog. Our system is open to all Amateur Radio Operators who have MotoTrbo compatible radios. Join us http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112582768753925

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast