ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters

Default iPad, It's here.

http://mashable.com/2010/01/27/apple-ipad-price/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100127/...e/us_tec_apple

Hmmm, I guess time will tell, but for now I really don't have a burning desire for one.
    I'm a Yaesu & Mac geek. :D

and I want a 52" I pad next what dose it all and is mounted on the wall...

HD TV, and all.
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Chips all run on smoke. Inside every chip is a little tiny supply of smoke that keeps it running smoothly. When you screw something up and let that little puff of smoke out of that chip it WILL quit working. That's an etched in stone fact of life..[/COLOR]

[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=red]A fine is a Tax for Doing Wrong, A Tax is a Fine for doing well.[COLOR=Blue]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][I]Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up
    [/I][/SIZE]

What Apple is doing is to control the whole food chain using its closed hardware, os, music/video/application/ebook store.

So they will get a cut on every thing sold through the channel. It is just like a electronic version of walmart.
    73, Jim AD2U /6

Great! Something new for the Apple zealots to desperately latch on to and claim some kind of superiority based on myth and advertising hype...
    [U]2- Hallicrafters S-20R
    Hallicrafters S-40B
    Hallicrafters SX-71
    [/U]

Well I have to admit I'm an Apple fanboy, but from what I've seen so far I think this is going to be an iFlop.
    I'm a Yaesu & Mac geek. :D

Quote Originally Posted by N4WSH View Post
    I think this is going to be an iFlop.

That good.

I personally don't get the purpose. I would rather have a netbook with a keyboard. A little bigger but a lot more usable.

The touch is small, so not having a keyboard is understandable, but at that size?

But they will sell them, I'm sure. Just not to me.

From what they said it a BIG iPhone~!

CAN you hear me now...

I'm might have to invent a handle to use it some I can talk on it.
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Chips all run on smoke. Inside every chip is a little tiny supply of smoke that keeps it running smoothly. When you screw something up and let that little puff of smoke out of that chip it WILL quit working. That's an etched in stone fact of life..[/COLOR]

[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=red]A fine is a Tax for Doing Wrong, A Tax is a Fine for doing well.[COLOR=Blue]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][I]Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up
    [/I][/SIZE]

It's a Kindle killer, plain and simple.

I think it's going to be an iFlop as well--no camera built in? Is that going to be reserved for iPad v2?

...and it really doesn't do anything except Web browse, send/receive e-mail, and look at pictures: it's not a phone or "real" computer, so I think it's an elegant piece of electronic equipment looking for a purpose.

The other flaw is its screen: it's going to get all scratched and smudged-up from normal use.

Speaking of which, it was originally going to have a larger screen and be called the iMaxipad, but for obvious reasons that didn't sit well with the ladies.
    Rich, one of QRZ's elite corps of Pun Piranhas

There is something that I cannot seem to understand about those who bash Apple.

Unlike many die-hard Windows users who love getting under the hood, installing a better graphics card, more memory, a larger hard drive, there are people who could not care one whit for all of the hardware gizmos and software tweaks. They are the ones who want to turn it on and just have the damned thing WORK out of the box.

That is the experience Apple provides, and they charge a premium price for it. They control the hardware and the software, and set standards for developers to follow to ensure that every time you turn on an Apple product, it works. Period. No tweaking settings, no endless software patches, no crossing the fingers and hoping what you just plugged in will work. If it's Apple approved, it DOES.

Some of you here think that desire for the experience without the work of setting things makes a person less of a human being, a dullard, an idiot.

If that is true, why is Apple making money hand over fist, why does Apple have ZERO debt, and why is Apple stock trading in triple figures? It must be all of those bad decisions they make about who uses computers. After all, the INFORMED and SMART consumer would pick a ZUNE over an iPod, a Blackberry or other smartphone over an iPhone, and a Windows machine over a Mac. Has anyone notice the market share for Macintosh is GROWING? It may never be the choice of business, but since when should the choice of business force you to use something you loathe at home?

You want to use a Windows machine, please do so. But spare us the petty and jealous insults. Quite a few of us have experience in both platforms, and many of us would rather work with our computers than ON our computers.

Much like the person who buys a four door sedan as opposed to a custom built street rod. Both will get you someplace. Only one will do it with reliable consistency.

As for the iPad being a flop, the same things were said about the iPod and the iPhone. I do think it will give the Kindle and the Sony Reader a run for their money, only because in addition to the hardware, Apple has signed agreements for CONTENT.

Yep, Steve Jobs and Apple stockholders cry about those so called "flops", all the way to the bank.
    Last edited by W4RLR; 01-28-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by W4RLR View Post
    If that is true, why is Apple making money hand over fist, why does Apple have ZERO debt, and why is Apple stock trading in triple figures? ....
    Actually, Apple is playing the channel game - they will have a cut on every thing sold through iTune market place, iPhone App store. Apple now has the CPU/chipset, OS, major applications and a distribution channel.

Microsft built a open platform to beat IBM and now Apple and Google will beat Microsoft by having closed full stack solution.

For Apple, its their hardware, software, content/app stores, so it will have a cut on every thing sold through the channel.

For google, its their cloud, their services, their APIs, their content aggregation so that it will attract most eye balls to charge money for every one who want the attention.
    73, Jim AD2U /6

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast