ad: l-assoc
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl

I use the Prolific Adapter to connect my weather station to my computer and had the same problem. When I converted to 7 I just loaded it over XP and that is what I think caused my problem, a conflict between XP drivers and Window 7 drivers. The way I got my adapters to work was to do a format and clean reload of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and it has been working perfectly ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by N2RJ View Post
    I had this same problem. I recently got a new HP e9280t (Core i7) with Win 7 x64, connected my USB to serial adapter and it didn't work.

I then downloaded the driver from here.

This driver works well with Win 7. Just make sure your adapter is disconnected when you do the install. If it fails on one USB port, try another port and it will pick up the driver. You can then switch back and it will work.

Let me know how it works out.
    I just uninstalled whatever driver was installed, rebooted and then tried installing that driver. It still has the same issue. My motherboard does have a set of header pins for a serial port, so I found a connector that will work with it, so at least I have my digital interface working. I'm seriously considering rebuilding my CI-V interface and make it so that my digital interface can still key off of the same serial port as the CI-V interface, however I'm debating on this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WA4LZC View Post
    I use the Prolific Adapter to connect my weather station to my computer and had the same problem. When I converted to 7 I just loaded it over XP and that is what I think caused my problem, a conflict between XP drivers and Window 7 drivers. The way I got my adapters to work was to do a format and clean reload of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and it has been working perfectly ever since.
    This was a fresh install on a new computer, so the having a conflict like this is unlikely. I have a feeling that it is a conflict with some hardware setting on my computer. If worst comes to worst I may try reinstalling my copy of Windows 7.
    b0zo# 688
    Feld Hell# 1670

Try the vista driver, that's the one that worked for me.
    [B]KB3SDS[/B]
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]Yaesu VX-6R - Nagoya Dual band HT Whip
    Yaesu FT-8900R - Dual Band Diamond
    Icom IC229H [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=monospace][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]- 2m Mag mount+cookie sheet
    Icom IC706 - G5RV, AT7000
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][URL="http://www.kb3sds.com"]www.kb3sds.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by KB3SDS View Post
    Try the vista driver, that's the one that worked for me.
    I already tried that one as well.

This past weekend I really confirmed that something isn't quite right with this computer and serial ports. I was using my serial port connection that connects to the motherboard via a set of header pins. It works great for keying up the radio for digital modes but it won't work for rig control with my IC-756ProII or IC-706mkiig.

Looks like I may try a reinstall of Windows 7 and see if that may fix my issues.
    b0zo# 688
    Feld Hell# 1670

Colorado Springs Colorado/North West Greenland

Default USB to Serial

I had many issues with the USB to serial in Windows 7 64 bit to radio. I talked to the radio rep and he stated that there are problems with the standard and that is why they do not put usb ports on their radio. With that information I decided to put in a PCI express to serial port. Cost about $35. Now my radios and antenna controllers work 100% 100% of the time. I have purchased many USB to serial and find that the best solution is the serial port card. By the way I realy like Win 7 64 bit.

73 and good luck.

Cool

KC9FSH -

First off, make sure you have the Prolific USB adapter. You can check this by going into Device Manager and right-clicking the device and choosing properties.

Click on the details tab. Under property, select Hardware ID.

You should see something like this:

USB\VID_067B&PID_2303

The VID_067B is the Vendor ID for Prolific. The PID_2303 is the product ID for the cable. If you don't see this value, then you're using a different product.

The latest drivers only work with the 2303 model of converter cable. Latest drivers for Win7 X64 here: http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/f...aller_v110.zip

~~
    For your on-board serial port problem:

Check your system BIOS. Make sure the COM ports are NOT set to "Auto" - it should be COM1/COM2.

-Nick

One more thing to try:

Turn off the serial port(s) on your motherboard via the BIOS set-up. Disable them.

Then re-try the USB-to-Serial Doohickey.

Quote Originally Posted by W7DSS View Post
    KC9FSH -

First off, make sure you have the Prolific USB adapter. You can check this by going into Device Manager and right-clicking the device and choosing properties.

Click on the details tab. Under property, select Hardware ID.

You should see something like this:

USB\VID_067B&PID_2303

The VID_067B is the Vendor ID for Prolific. The PID_2303 is the product ID for the cable. If you don't see this value, then you're using a different product.

The latest drivers only work with the 2303 model of converter cable. Latest drivers for Win7 X64 here: http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/f...aller_v110.zip

~~
    For your on-board serial port problem:

Check your system BIOS. Make sure the COM ports are NOT set to "Auto" - it should be COM1/COM2.

-Nick
    I just confirmed that it is a Prolific adapter.
    USB\Vid_067B&PID_2303&Rev_0300
    USB\Vid_067B&PID_2303
    b0zo# 688
    Feld Hell# 1670

I just migrated to a new system this weekend running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, and am having the same problem. I tried just about everything I could find here and in a general Google search on the subject. The best I can do is get it working on COM3 at 4800 Baud with my 897D and HRD for a short period of time before it barfs.

I ordered a dual serial port PCI card and some 9 pin Dsubs and am going to chop the cable and wire it as a serial cable.
    NAQCC 3670
    SKCC 5285

Cool

Are you using the Prolific adapter or on-board serial ports? If you're using the Prolific adapter, make sure you have the latest x64 driver update. Also, you may have to tweak the serial port settings specifically (such as DTR, DTS, etc.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast