Callsign

Thread: 64 Bit Windows 7 and Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD)

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec

Smile 64 Bit Windows 7 and Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD)

If you are having trouble with HRD and your computer sound card under the new 64 bit Windows 7 update, here is a solution. The new Windows 7 driver will not properly initialize a Realtek sound card. The old Vista 64 bit sound card driver will work fine. This driver is probably still on your computer.

This can be reinstalled by using the update hardware feature and selecting search for an updated driver on your hard drive. The old Vista driver will be one of the options.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Mike
    KL7SG

Hmm I did not know that.

My laptop has realtek HD audio with the win 7 driver and runs HRD just fine.

The driver is Version 6.0.1.5830, dated 4/10/2009.

When this version is loaded, some software can't access the microphone audio. For example, Windows 7 can't run the native windows speech to text software.

It may be just the version that came with the Windows 7 upgrade that ACER sent for my laptop.

Cheers,

Mike

Default 64 Bit Windows 7 and Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD)

I am running a brand new HP laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. I use a Signalink USB and have used two different cat cables. One is the stock Yaesu cable with the Keyspan adapter. The other cable is from RT Systems (it is USB and does not require an adapter). Both cat cable work perfectly with Ham Radio Deluxe and DM780.

The only tricky part was setting the output of the computer correctly for transmitting. It is different than it was for XP. Signalink has a page about it on the website. My wife had to help me, we had it figured out in less than a couple minutes.

I had to turn the sound level down quite a bit, as it is real hot. Lets me keep my Signalink "TX" at the 12:00 position and the digital gain on my 857D about 30.

Jon
    WD0MYM
    Last edited by WD0MYM; 12-18-2009 at 06:30 PM.