ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

Default IC-T7H Cloning

Anyone know the procedures for radio to radio cloning of IC-T7Hs?

Isn't it in the manual?

No, not in the manual

I've had one of these for quite some time now. I'm not 100% positive on this, but I don't think you can clone an IC-T7H. The closest I think you can do is use an OPC-478 'Cloning Cable' (Icom's term. What they actually mean is that you can hook the HT to a computer and program memories in).

If you're using more than one T7H (which you obviously are), then I'd just use the software (see the T7H Yahoo group for some software. There's actually some freebie software out there for programming this rig). Set up your settings/channels/frequencies and just swap out rigs and send all the programing to each rig.

That's the conclusion I'm coming to. Universal Radio however, is listing the OPC-474 radio to radio cloning cable for the IC-T7H. I sent an email to Icom, waiting for a reply.

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

I think the 474 is just a common stereo patch cable, which Icom usually uses. Goes in both speaker jacks. The tip is the audio, the ring is for data.

This works for my T90, might try it. Note that you only set up the MASTER, leave the slave alone.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes you can use just a stereo patch cable or you can order the same cable from the net for about 500% markup, either way K8ERV has it right, tip to tip and ring to ring the sleeve is not used.
    This is the typical configuration for most icoms as well.
    I dont recall who but someone gave me a copy of the programming software which works on the w32 t7h and t2h if I recall correctly.

I have the cloning cable, just don't know which buttons to push to start the procedure

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

All you need are 10,000 monkeys. Most of them are right here on QRZ.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Quote Originally Posted by KB0DN View Post
    I have the cloning cable, just don't know which buttons to push to start the procedure
    If the manual doesnt tell you, you may need to do a google search with generic terms untill you get closer, or I will see what I can do to help from here
    so far I think you will have to have the software to do the cloning according to my software I have here.
    Note What I have here is for the T7A which is the same as the H version, the difference is the A cam with a Wall wart charger, and the H version did not. Otherwise identical in every manner.

However, if you didnt look at the quick thumbnail posted by K8ERV, you need to, these steps are typical of iCom once again.

here is the page view of the software I have for the cloning steps:

Radio | Get data from

Uploads the contents of the radio memory into the current file. The IC-T7A must be connected to the computer with RT Systems Clone Interface Cable. This cable plugs into your serial port on one end and into the IC-T7A earphone jack on the other. The serial port used by IC-T7A Programmer can be selected with the Radio | Com port setup command.

When you execute this command, you are presented with a transfer status window that shows the per cent complete. At this point, with the cable plugged into the earphone jack of the IC-T7A radio:

1. Turn on the IC-T7A.
    2. Click OK on the computer. The IC-T7A display will show CL OUT and the per cent bar in the transfer status window will be filled in as the data is transferred.
    When the transfer is complete, the transfer status window will disappear and the IC-T7A Programmer main window will reflect the radios configuration. The main window title bar will show NONAME.ICF, indicating this is a new icom clone file.

Troubleshooting

If you get a Receive Timeout or Receive Checksum error message, simply retry the operation. If the problem persists, verify the cable hookups and serial port selection. If you plug the cable in after starting the transfer, this will occasionally cause a glitch on the serial line and a Receive Timeout will occur. Again, just use the Retry button.
    See also Contacting RT Systems.

Radio | Send data to

Downloads the current file to the IC-T7A radio. The IC-T7A must be connected to the computer with RT Systems Clone Interface Cable. This cable plugs into your serial port on one end and into the IC-T7A earphone jack on the other. The serial port used by IC-T7A Programmer can be selected with the Radio | Com port setup command.
    When you execute this command, you are presented with a transfer status window that shows the per cent complete. The transfer will start when you click the OK button, but first, you must put the IC-T7A radio in CLN RX mode:

1. Plug the cable in the earphone jack of the IC-T7A.
    2. Turn on the IC-T7A.
    3. Click OK and the per cent bar in the transfer status window will be filled in as the data is transferred. The radio will show CL IN.
    When the transfer is complete, the transfer status window will disappear and a Send Data Completed message is displayed. If the transfer was successful (from the radios point of view), then the IC-T7A display will show CL END. Turn the radio off and back on to return to normal operation and activate the changes. If the display shows CL ERR, then the IC-T7A detected an error and its memory was cleared.

Troubleshooting

If you get an occasional CL ERR from the IC-T7A, simply retry the operation. If the problem persists, verify the cable hookups and serial port selection.
    See also Contacting RT Systems.
    Last edited by KF6NFW; 12-06-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast