ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec

Angry kenwood tk840 service manual

hello all
    well got riped off buy a ebayer and i am in need of a service manual because
    the radio's i bought for my son's shop for his birthday came with no RF modules, i need to find out the part number and or price and location,,
    right now i'll take what ever anyone has to offer,and if there are any mic's for them around. this is going to cost me big time.

thanks for any help
    73's n0mnb

ps/ the ebayer playing the dumb game (oh he no live here no more) etc.

when you say no RF modules are you referring to the Darlington transistor PA's, the VCO can, or the motherboard? The TK-840 is a uniboard design sans the display board/control head. Not sure what you are asking, I've serviced dozens of 840's when they first came out in 1995.

If your radio is missing any of these parts, they are not economical to replace. Are they 840 or 840-H's? either way the cost of a PA is more than they are worth. Hopefully you didn't pay much for them, average street price for an 840-H with accessories in mint shape is about $75-100. They aren't narrowband compliant and are flooding the market as most of them are now 15 years old.