ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-AmericanRadio

Unhappy

Hello all,
    I want to pick up one of these "Simplex Repeaters" from the local Radio Shack and i was wondering are they good ,pros,cons on em'. I do a lot of simplex work with a few friends and we are looking into gettin one
    Thanx
    -Anthony KC2JHX

EM93wa: Ladson - about 18 miles NW of Charleston, SC

Talking

The only problem is that RS no longer carries them.

Dennis
    Dennis R Zabawa / KG4RUL
    Berkeley County, SC ARES/RACES - Public Information Officer (PIO)/Webmaster
    W4VEC Volunteer Examiner
    Trident Amateur Radio Club (TARC), Charleston, SC - Public Information Officer (PIO)/Webmaster
    Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Charleston, SC - Instructor - Team C9B

yes i know but i can get one beacuse they have one left so i put 10 $ on it for them to save it

I like mfj's better. I have used both and for quality I am not fond of rs. Theres my 2 cents worth!
    Kyle #AF&AM (MM).
    For a FREE Electronics Course#Goto: [url]http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14182/[/url]

ok well just needed some input b'cuz looking into one how much do the mfj's go for ?

I think they run for around $80
    -Will

SUSE IS linux for dummies.

I have the MFJ installed on a base radio and it sounds good. I did one additional thing being that I like to keep the volume up on the radio so I can hear it in every room.

Using an external speaker, I attached a 100 ohm pot across the speaker terminals then fed this into the MFJ. This way you have more options to keep the volume up on your radio without damaging the pocket repeater which is warned in the instructions about over driving it, and can you can keep it connected all the time.

Audio quality is good, you have 4 different settings to control the audio drive into the radio by moving/ removing jumpers. Once you get it set up correctly you will be pleased with it.