ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

Angry Kenwood TM-V7 problems

I recently purchased a Kenwood TM-V7A dual-band mobile and I'm having a weird problem programming it. I have the software and cable but I can't get it to take more than 11 channels on the 2M side and none on the 440.

According to the manual, I should be able to put up to 90 channels with alpha tags in each band. I've got about 20 programmed in the software for 2M and about 10 for 440 but the radio will only take the first 11. I also noticed it will not accept the 2M or 440 call frequencies from the software but will accept it from a manual input.

I have 3 Kenwood G707's and numerous other models. I'm also a communications tech for the State and we use Kenwoods there too but this one has me stumped.

I haven't played with my TMV7A programming in a long time. However, I recall the software did not provide full functionality in programming. I ended up having to do a lot of additional stuff manually.

You might try doing a hard reset just to be sure the memory is working correctly. I've got a glitch presently that I can't save different modes, and found others mentioning various glitches that were fixed only by a hard reset. Note that there are at least three different types of reset.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

73, bill

It has been awhile since i had one of these and my memory aint what it used to be................That said, I recall that you could shift some of the memories from one band to the other. Have you checked to make sure you have more then 11 memory channels on the VHF band?

Default Followup

Quote Originally Posted by KC0REY View Post
    It has been awhile since i had one of these and my memory aint what it used to be................That said, I recall that you could shift some of the memories from one band to the other. Have you checked to make sure you have more then 11 memory channels on the VHF band?
    The configuration is setup with the default split of 90 channels per band. I have done all the hard & soft resets, power cycled, etc, but it stubbornly won't take more than 11 on VHF and 0 on UHF.