RE: HOW DO YOU TRANSFER FROM HRD TO LBOW & EQSL
I'm logging on Ham Radio Deluxe. I see where you can do a ADIF file to to Both LBoW & eQSL but have only be able to transfer on one small file to eQSL, and nothing to LBoW. I have passwords to both and the TSQ for LBoW....so those things are not the problem. I have gotten my ham shack about done and would like to my records to these sites.
Thanks and 73's in advance
First, you must generate the complete log from HRD into adif format.Save this somewhere to your hard disk. Then you must log in to your "other" online log provider, and then upload the adif file. Any other "convenient" export function can pose problems.
Once this is initially done, it is usually easy to select an incremental selection of new files from HRD in a new file, and upload that to fill out another online book that you have selected.
Remember, that the export function was designed for moving entries from one program to another--not to an online system. Make sure that you are selecting all of the entries in the native app, and that there are no glitches in importing to the web application. This can sometimes such irrespective of the native local application used...
Last edited by AE1PT; 03-21-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Reason: the dog bit me
SKCC #4473, [URL="http://klara.us"]KLARA[/URL] ARRL VE Liason
[I]"It's just a hobby..." [/I]
[SIZE=1][B]Rag Chew Law:[/B] [I]In any discussion that is social, political or economic in nature, it is necessary to invoke the specter
of communism, socialism, Stalinism, Nazism, or involuntary redistribution of wealth. Extra points are given for using
all of them in a single post, and publicly shaming anyone who disagrees with those assertions.
"America is filled to capacity with those living in, or near the poverty level. It is also filled with the ignorant,[/I][/SIZE][SIZE=1][I] prejudiced, angry, self-centered and obtuse. Never confuse the two." AE1PT
"Beware the 3 P's--politicians, preachers, and prostitutes. They will all smile in your face, promise you everything, take your money--and generally leave you unsatisfied."
I am probably going to add more to this signature line--just to irritate or amuse whomever possible. The glory of the Zed... :cool: [/I][/SIZE]
Hamradio Delux to ARRL log book of world
Below are the steps I use to upload to LOTW. It is tricky the first few times. Thanks go to ZL2CV for the original post.
hamradio delux help to load QSOs to log book of the world:
1) Select the items in the logbook that you want to upload to LOTW.
2) Choose the 'Logbook' -> 'Export to ADIF' command.
3) Select a file name to export to - say, 'dump.ADI'.
4) Select 'ADIF/LoTW only' and under 'entries' choose 'selected' then click OK
5) Use the ARRL provided TQSL program to convert the newly produced ADIF file to a signed file - using the 'Sign existing ADIF or Cabrillo file...' command.
6) Go through the process of putting your password in etc.
7) You should now have a file which has the same name as your ADI file - but the file extension is .TQ8 - in this example 'dump.TQ8'
8) Go to the ARRL LOTW webpage, Login in LOTW and go to the upload command - then upload 'dump.TQ8' file to LOTW
9) Depending on how slowly the LOTW server is running, your QSOs should appear - and hopefully some QSLs too (I run at around 10%).
10) Don't be tempted to redo the upload if the QSOs do not appear immediately.
It sounds like a lot of hassle but after the first time, the file names and most of the selections default.
One thing to watch out for is that the export to the ADI file defaults to 'all' entries in the logbook - which will certainly incur the wrath of the ARRL sysadmin if you have a large log. So be careful to select only those items you want to upload.
And it works - go LOTW
73 Julian ZL2CV
Ya, to simplify that, LBoW uses ADIF to transfer. You most likely wont see a direct option for LBoW.
There is an application made to do all of it. I found it with a HRD search. I believe it is on the HRD application site. I will look for the link and post it here. It opens independant of HRD and tells you how many QSOs you have to upload, and it never repeats. It is too easy not to use.
You can also send your HRD log info to EQSL in real time, or right after you finish a QSO.
The log in HRD and DM 780 allow you to do this. I normally just upload after each QSO.
Now this would be a pain if you want to upload a lot of contacts you logged during a contest etc. I do not have to worry about that!