Yaesu VX-6 Programming cable issue
I got my cable the other day and i am having some issues with it.
I can pull the settings down to the PC, and put them right back to the radio, But if i try and modify anything VX6 Commander tells me that the radio is not responding. I have tried both on a windows XP machine and Windows 7 with same results.
Anyone have any ideas for me?
Which kind of cable are you using, serial or usb? If serial, are you using a usb to serial adapter? What kind?
FWIW I have a usb cable I purchased off of ebay that works fine on an XP laptop but does not work with Vista.
Jay Freeman - WT9S
Originally Posted by KE5VYU
Yes i did reset it and put into RX mode. It will not work if i modify any of the data. If i download it, not touch anything, and send it, the radio accepts it.
It's a USB interface for PC and has a USB/RS232 bridge right in the molding of the USB plug.
It don't make sense that after a good exchange of data, then modifying it the upload does not work. Maybe a different USB/Serial device or driver update would help.
I use VX Commander on a HP laptop running XP-SP3. My usb to serial device is an Edgeport/c with two serial ports which is different than most. It has worked well for me.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...
I did buy this radio second hand, and i did do the free tx mod (jsut to see how it did on other bands) so if i have to ill undo that, and today im borrowing my buddies vx-6 and see how it works with my cable.
The cable is not the problem.
The problem is with Commander.
It saves the radio version in the file.
When you modified the radio you changed the radio ID.
Try starting fresh in Commander…
Download from the radio, save the file and, use the new file.
Use a HEX editor to change the radio ID string from E8 to E0, in the old file.
Change the radio back to factory settings.
Join us on the VX-6R yahoo group:
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact, it's all dark.
I think you may be on to something here.
Originally Posted by KC2PCF
I reset the radio, started everything fresh
Pulled the info from the radio
Added some "sample" freq and tags
I will have to tinker more when im home, at work at the moment.
Ok i think i have this sqared away for the most part.
My only concern is the ability the software has to automatically set repeater shifts. I set up my local repeaters and one of them (440.05) by default is in there as a simplex.
Other then that it think its working.
Thank you all!