ad: MLSons-1

DXLab Announces QRZ XML Support

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA6YQ, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DXKeeper and Pathfinder are members of the freeware DXLab Suite, a set of eight interoperating applications designed to automate amateur radio DXing activities. DXKeeper supports logging, QSLing and award tracking. Pathfinder is a specialized web browser that provides 1-click access to more than 80 online sources of QSL information, including QRZ.com.

DXKeeper has long been able to populate new and already-logged QSOs with information from QRZ.com without requiring a subscription. It does this by directing Pathfinder to display the QRZ.com results – including advertisements – and then analyzing the returned information. Fred AA7BQ’s continued improvements to the QRZ.com web site have occasionally broken this mechanism, but its been easy to update Pathfinder to compensate; users can obtain and install such updates with a single mouse click.

After the most recent QRZ.com changes, I reviewed the existing DXLab-QRZ.com interoperation with Fred to be certain that he is comfortable with it. During this conversation, Fred suggested that I provide direct access for DXLab users with data-only (XML) or full QRZ.com subscriptions – a request already made by several DXLab users over the past few months. Last Friday, I released DXKeeper version 7.3.3 with this capability.

Thus DXLab users now have the same choice available to those accessing QRZ.com via a web browser: access the callbook data without a subscription but with accompanying advertisements, or access the data directly with an appropriate subscription.

All DXLab applications are free, and available via www.dxlabsuite.com .

Dave, AA6YQ

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. N6AJR

N6AJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

dxlabs and QRZ

cool, DXL is a great suite of programs and especially for the DX'ers and this ability to work with it is great, thanks.

3. K6FAF

K6FAF Guest

Yep, DX-Lab is in use here since 2004, updated when there was an update availble. At this moment I would feel a little helpless without it, especially with keeping track of my DXCC and IOTA records.
    After 2 harddrive crashes , no paperlog as backup, it was pretty easy just to reinstall and put the adif log in.....everything OK again.
    Tnx aa6yq , Dave, for a very good program.

73 es merry xmas
    k6faf, Hans

4. NF6E

NF6E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DXLab & QRZ XML Support

This is most excellent. Nice work fellas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.