ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG

Default Help with rotator CDE Model H-IV CD-45-II

Hello,

I have the Rotator CDE Model H-IV CD-45-II. But I have to open the rotator to modify old cables and since I haven't use it for a while I'm having trouble to calibrate the same.

How I calibrate ? I have tryed and no luck. Can anyone help me with a manual or an answer.

73's de
    Eloy
    CU3AK

If you go to the Hy-gain (MFJ) web site www.hy-gain.com and click on manuals they have a .pdf file of the manual for your rotator.

good luck
    Gene

Thanks OM for the help. Already print the pdf file, now I have to read it
    73's de
    Eloy
    CU3AK

Hi,
    Back again ... Enclosed are 2 pictures as you can see the needle in the center it shows the north. Now:

As you can see the neddle inside the rotor is way bak on the upper top part.

I can go S via West to North and back gain, but I nevercan direct to the South via East. It only gives me south via West to north and north to south via west, looking at the picture only the left part of north.

How can I go both ways ? where I have to put the needle inside the rotor ?

I hope you can undersatnd my question. Sorry for the englis

Look for an answer soon .... I nust put my antena up soon ...

73's de Eloy
    CU3AK
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the newer manuals that you can download from Hy-Gain do not have the disassembly/re-assembly instructions.

Go to the BAMA website http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/cde/ and download one of the older manuals. I think that will answer your question.

Did you only replace the cable, or disassemble the entire assembly from the outer housing?

It sounds like youy didn't get the housing (top part) properly aligned with the arm on the variable resistor that indicates the direction. It takes a bit of patience and care to properly align the top housing with the resistor arm.

Quote Originally Posted by WA9SVD View Post
    Did you only replace the cable, or disassemble the entire assembly from the outer housing?

It sounds like youy didn't get the housing (top part) properly aligned with the arm on the variable resistor that indicates the direction. It takes a bit of patience and care to properly align the top housing with the resistor arm.
    I take out the top part the housing, and it is not properly aligned, but I try for many times withou a good result . Have a question even without the housing, just moving the needle of the resistor arm manually the needle in the meter shows movement but only South to North in the left part West, so only shows 180 angle in the meter even in the resistor arm it goes 360 angle. I hope you can understand my point view ? Or I really have to put the housing for a 100% test ?

N5NA thanks for the manuals, I will look and see if it helps.

73's de Eloy
    CU3AK

Quote Originally Posted by CU3AK View Post
    I take out the top part the housing, and it is not properly aligned, but I try for many times withou a good result . Have a question even without the housing, just moving the needle of the resistor arm manually the needle in the meter shows movement but only South to North in the left part West, so only shows 180 angle in the meter even in the resistor arm it goes 360 angle. I hope you can understand my point view ? Or I really have to put the housing for a 100% test ?

N5NA thanks for the manuals, I will look and see if it helps.

73's de Eloy
    CU3AK
    I hope I understand. The top housing will put some pressure on the resistor arm so it makes better contact with the resistor element; try carefully cleaning the resistor element of all grease and dirt; it sounds like the arm isn't making good contact. It's also possible that the resistor is worn out and may need replacement.

I think you need to ground the wiper of the pot to the bell. I assume the rotor is still apart.Try to put a jumper wire from the clip on top of the pot to the side of the bell and test the calabrate and wiper functions.
    73, Marty

IF the pot is shot, you can get a new one from hygain.......I have a HAM-IV which I bought used. I took it apart, cleaned it, and lubed the bearings. I works fine luckliy. Hygain Rotors are VERY easy to get parts for from hygain. At worst case, you can send it to Norm's Rotor service and for a nominal fee, they will make it like new...

Tom - AB3FL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast