ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec

Default QST archive on-line

Here's an item of interest to many in this forum:

Yesterday, the ARRL announced that members now have access to the full archive of QST articles from 1915 through Dec. 2004. (.PDF format.)

This is a wonderful thing. Thank you, ARRL.

Dale, AB1GA

Quote Originally Posted by WA9SVD View Post
    Here's an item of interest to many in this forum:

Yesterday, the ARRL announced that members now have access to the full archive of QST articles from 1915 through Dec. 2004. (.PDF format.)
    Wow! That's excellent. It will certainly beat ordering reprints all the time (as reasonable as they are for members). (I have half a file cabinet of them over the decades).

I really recommend that every ham look at the older articles.....stuff from the thirties and forties when things were really hopping and new....especially antennas.

My kudos to the ARRL staff....that's a LOT of work transferring that all over to PDF.....maybe not as much work as microfiching...but STILL very time consuming. I hope their servers can handle the download traffic!

Eric
    "The more you know, the less you don't know."

Excellent - I've already located a 1973 article I've been trying to find for years!
    [COLOR=#808080][SIZE=1]"In physical science the first essential step in the direction of learning any subject is to find principles of numerical reckoning and practicable methods for measuring some quality connected with it. I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of Science, whatever the matter may be." (Lord Kelvin 1824-1907)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

SWEET!!!!!

Bruce
    K5TEN
    K5TEN
    Hot Springs National Park, AR
    28.010/28.410

Good deal.

Who's going to turn this into a "ARRL must be hurting for members" bit again....

I have most of them digital already, but PDF is a bit easier (took me quite a while to convert a lot of stuff to pdf already!).

Jonathan
    Wow, disappear for a couple years and you find how dated a signature can be!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]P[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]eople
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]E[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]ating
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][SIZE=3]T[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]asty
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][SIZE=3]A[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]nimals

Who's going to turn this into a "ARRL must be hurting for members" bit again....
    Yep, how dare they give too much value your your membership dues!

I suppose there might be some angry complaints from people who have tons of old magazines in their basement that are now worthless.

I've already read one article where I was going to order a reprint when I got a round tuit.

Seriously, this is one of the best things ARRL has ever done.

Absolutely.

I still have over 76 years in paper. I like reading the dead tree versions over a coffee and a stogie.

Many, don't have the luxury and this is a good thing.

A waste? Hell no! Them old Q-STreets are great insulation. Don't know what the R-factor is, but keeps the shack nice and toasty.

Jonathan
    Wow, disappear for a couple years and you find how dated a signature can be!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]P[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]eople
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]E[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]ating
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][SIZE=3]T[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]asty
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][SIZE=3]A[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]nimals

Default Let's keep this DIY related please

This is indeed good news for DIYers but this forum is not the place for ARRL debates. I trust nothing more needs to be said? Thanks Larry for bringing this to our attention.
    Last edited by AB8RO; 09-11-2008 at 02:50 AM.

. .
    Last edited by N9MOQ; 11-17-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast