ad: Sussex-1

Command Technologies, Inc., Change of Command

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

We received this release today from our good friend Dan, KK3AN, who is president of AN Wireless. Dan is a long time supporter of QRZ, and former member of our editorial staff. Our congratulations go out to Dan for his hard work and success in the amateur radio and commercial wireless industries.

Command Technologies Press Release

For Immediate Release # # # # # July 14, 2008

Edon, Ohio based Command Technologies, announces move to a larger facility in Somerset, Pennsylvania.

Patrick Stein, N8BRA of Command Technologies Inc., an HF / VHF amplifier manufacturer in constant operation since 1978, has selected Daniel Simmonds, KK3AN of Somerset, PA to continue operations of the company after an impressive 30 year career. Pat Stein will stay very close to the company's internal operations for the next several months during the move, and will remain available for customer contact through this period.

Pat Stein (59) of Command Technologies stated that "As retirement time was approaching for me, I was in search of a new owner that would make
    an excellent fit to manage the company in the future. After meeting Dan Simmonds in the fall of 2007, I saw a real opportunity for this young man to
    take my place and to continue the company. After getting to know Dan for several months, I felt he would be an excellent fit to continue Command Technologies, after having strong and impressive success with his ownership of AN Wireless Tower Company, LLC since it's beginning in July of 2001.
    I am excited to be working with Dan over the next several months to allow Command Technologies to continue operations and also to grow."

Dan Simmonds (32) a licensed Amateur Radio operator since 1990, currently active on all HF bands from 160 to 10 meters stated "It's truly an honor to take on the legendary Command name from this point on, and to be working with Pat to make the strong future of the company a reality. I look forward to working with existing customers of Command Technologies and AN Wireless Tower Co, as well as making new friends through Command. Over the next few months, Pat will be present at our Western Pennsylvania location to oversee general operations and to provide training."

AN Wireless Tower Company, LLC will continue it's operations on it's 10 acres in Somerset County, PA, with Command Technologies joining the existing Pennsylvania corporation in August 2008.

For more information contact:

Command Technologies at: 800-736-0443 / 814-445-8210

Or visit us on the web at: http://www.command1.com

2. W9JN

W9JN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Command Technologies a Class Act

I have owned a Commander II 2 meter amp that eventually had some problems. Pat and his fine staff took care of the problem immediatly. I could not have been more pleased with their excellent comunications over the phone and by letter. I centanily wish the new owners all the best and to continue producing grade "A" products with superior service. 73, John W9JN

3. N3JBH

N3JBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to Dan Simmonds for his acquiring another fine name. It is an honor to have such great neighbor’s and fine folks here in Somerset. Dan I wish you the very best with the new line. Jeff

4. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This will REALLY make me look at a command amp now. I have an AN wireless tower and I can't begin to tell you how great a customer service experience I've had with AN wireless.

Congrats DAN!!!!!!!!!!

5. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Dan - you SO rock! That's awesome! Ya gotta tell me 'bout this. What a sweet deal!

6. KB9WL

KB9WL Ham Member QRZ Page

good luck Pat and Dan

Good luck to Pat and have a great retirement - still want to work u on 6m via my 2holer!!! good catch Dan, lots of good fortune for you as well as you continue a fine Ham Radio legacy

7. WC4R

WC4R Ham Member QRZ Page

Now Palstar owns Command!

8. N3FQG

N3FQG QRZ Member QRZ Page

Change of Command

Not sure, but I am told Commander and Command1 are two different companys ? I tried calling Dan at A&N wireless right up the road from me but he wasn't in. Anyone know for sure? I do see that Palstar says on their web site that they have aquired Commander!!

9. W9JDA

W9JDA Ham Member QRZ Page

command Tech

Yes Palstar is now commander"What a shame"I own a hf 2500.When pat left it was like losing a family member 73 Pat

10. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Pat is a great guy. I used to enjoy our regular SSB/CW communications at the low end of 2 meters when I lived in Toledo, Ohio.

Years ago, Pat offered me a job there, but due to my lack of common sense, I turned him down. He came up with several great designs for amplifiers. I wish him well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.