ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG

Default CW/Morse Code Chart in PDF

http://rogertango.com/pdffilesread.a...umber=73541232

I still have to look at this from time to time. It is different because it uses a true Morse Code TTF to create it so you do not have dashes and periods like in most charts!

I hope someone finds it helpful, best 73s-
    Andrew

Andrew

Thats a nice chart BUT CW is for the ears, not the eyes. You'll just slow yourself down if you try to visualize the letters instead of trying to hear the words.

God bless America

They look like dots and dashes to me.
    73 de KB3LAZ

In lieu of achievement we have mediocrity.

BVN, how right you are... but in the mist of a mind fart, the chart is a good rescue tool. I have mine hanging on the wall in front of me, dont use it all the time, but I do reference it. I am apt to mind farts.

LAZ, gud 4 u, your 20/20 is working! HA HA!

Andrew

Well I was just being honest. Code sound much better than it looks.
    If I tried to learn off a chart I would have gotten nowhere. But seriously did I miss something?
    73 de KB3LAZ

In lieu of achievement we have mediocrity.

YDK, exactly right! Too fast that you cannot count the dots and dashes, but not so fast you can recognize the pattern/rhythm/sound of the character being sent! The spacing is what we now call Farnsworth. The "technique" is ideal for learning code!

The chart I posted is a good reference, I use it not for decoding as much as I do for sending, sometimes I forget a letter. I am still learning, guess I always will be! HA HA!

Andrew

EM93wa: Ladson - about 18 miles NW of Charleston, SC

Interesting chart. Though it seems the CW part is like the fine print on what is basically an advertisement.

Default Look up charts might work.

I think if someone is having extreme difficulty learning code, a look up chart might be a nice, temporary, learning crutch, provided the coded symbols are presented in order of complexity, not alphabetical order.

E T I M A N S U R W D K G O...etc.

The idea would be to make the student hear the pattern, then look up the familiar meaning, until the symbol was learned. Of course, it's still a stimulus response process, so after you look them up, you still have to write them down.
    Last edited by N8CPA; 05-02-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    Steve

If you have to worry about the cost of HF e-mail, you can't afford the boat.

CW: The mode that accomplishes the most with the least circuitry, the least spectrum, and the least power.

What hath God wrought?
    He hath wrought that pounding brass still kicks .- ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by W4INF View Post
    BVN, how right you are... but in the mist of a mind fart, the chart is a good rescue tool.
    No it's not. It's just a crutch to hang on to and encourage a bad habit.

If you learn morse the proper way - by sound - you will not have that many brain farts.

I burned all of my morse charts years ago. Very glad I did. I just listen to morse now, rather than looking at it. I've gotten a lot better as a result.

The chart may be good for a few days but listening to the dah and dit sounds is the way to learn.
    73.....JD, FISTS #3853,cc 455,SKCC # 1395,tribune #12,
    Official US Taxpayer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast