ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters

Default Question re Yaesu FT-60

I know how to store a frequency into a memory location, and I know how to assign the memory location to one or more banks.

How do I remove a memory location from a bank without deleting it from memory?

IOW - I have a repeater stored in location 10, and location 10 is assigned to banks 1 and 2. How do I remove location 10 from bank 2 while leaving it intact in bank 1?

I've been through the manual backwards and forwards and can't find it.

HELP!

Thanks,

Ed
    AJ4CM

I ran into a similar problem with my VX-7R. I had a frequency stored in a group of other frequencies, that I scanned. The only solution I came up with was to overwrite the unwanted freq with another. I too couldn't find anything in the manual on how to delete a saved frequency.

Maybe someone will chime in that will benefit us both.
    Luck - is what happens when preperation meets opportunity.

I've had a number of radios over the past few years, and that seems to be a common "feature" of all of them. Just overwrite the entry you no longer want. I haven't found any other way, and the equipment manufacturers are remarkably free of helpful information for questions like this one...
    Semper ubi sub ubi. 73
    K7KBN CWO4 USNR Ret.

But if I overwrite the memory location, that takes it out of ALL banks, right? (For that matter, I'm not sure it really will take it out of ANY bank. I'll try it when I get home, but it could just leave the mem location assigned to the bank, regardless of what's written to the location.)

What a sucky design.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by AJ4CM View Post
    But if I overwrite the memory location, that takes it out of ALL banks, right? (For that matter, I'm not sure it really will take it out of ANY bank. I'll try it when I get home, but it could just leave the mem location assigned to the bank, regardless of what's written to the location.)

What a sucky design.

Ed
    This is the only thing that drives me nuts about this radio. To do the more complicated manuvers like this I downloaded the FT-60 Commander freeware and e-bayed a cable for under $10. I still do some manual entry to make sure I don't forget how to field program, but use the software for mass programming or doing anything with multiple scan banks. Makes it a snap to do.

The software is here: http://www.kc8unj.com/

Default How to remove a freq

I think I found a way to delete one. This is how I did it. I first stored a freq in memory channel ten. Then i went into memory mode. Then i held the function botton. Once that started to blink I turned it to memory channel 10 and very quickly hit the HM/RV button and that took out the memory. I found this out by mistake but that should do it. If you need more help on it let me know.
    Reggie
    KC8YCZ
    [url]http://www.kc8ycz.com[/url]