ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-innov
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl

Default John Kanzius, K3TUP is inventing again.

John Kanzius, K3TUP is inventing again.

In the spirit of a true innovator, John Kanzius has used his RF heating to burn salt water. He demonstrates salt water flaming at 1500 degrees Celsius/2732 degrees Fahrenheit when exposed to the RF generator used in his revolutionary cancer treatment experiments. The radio frequency energy weakens bonds holding together the constituents of salt water -- sodium chloride, hydrogen and oxygen. When the hydrogen is released by exposure to the RF field, then ignited, it burns continuously.

Will the oil companies buy this out and squash the idea or invest in it to produce clean energy for our fuel hungry world. Will your government participate in the develop or sit back and do nothing. This could be an extremely inexpensive power and heat source for home generators, factories, cars, trucks, buses, trains, planes, ships, farm equipment and maybe even space ships. You may one day be fueling up the family vehicle with a garden hose and a handful of salt.

Water.........renewable, clean burning and since 2/3 of our world is covered with it, there will be no shortages. John said the idea is for sale and he will use any revenues received to further his studies on a cancer cure. There is significant work left to do since the device that makes the radio wave (RF) energy currently consumes more energy than is created by the burning salt water. This is a start, now lets see who picks up the ball.

Watch this video from late 2007 and see John's idea at work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf4gOS8aoFk

Terry, K7FE
    Terry Graves, K7FE
    Chief Editor, QRZ.COM

"Some people call CW a MODE but in
    reality it is an autonomous LANGUAGE."

The issue is whether it produces more energy than it consumes. Not interesting unless it does.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming "Wow, what a ride!!!"
    [url]www.wy6k.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by wy6k View Post
    The issue is whether it produces more energy than it consumes.
    Yes, although it still looks cool!

Quote Originally Posted by K7FE View Post
    [SIZE="4"].......There is significant work left to do since the device that makes the radio wave (RF) energy currently consumes more energy than is created by the burning salt water. This is a start, now lets see who picks up the ball.......
    This idea has been around for quite a while--but the drawback is the process uses more energy that the process byproducts can produce. Nicola Tesla toyed with this idea, he had an electric car 'fueled' by a similar process, but nobody has yet been able to make it economically feasible.

Maybe (hopefully) someday that may change, but that day hasn't yet arrived.

I am sorry but I am not impressed. I can break up water into Hydrogen and Oxygen using a flashlight battery and a drop of sulfuric acid (battery acid).

It takes more energy to do this than I would get back by burning the hydrogen. I seriously doubt he is getting an energy gain.

Using an analogy of the 3 laws of thermodynamics...

1. You can't win
    2. You can't break even.
    3. Don't even try.
    Support bacteria.... Its the only culture some people have.

If his process is more efficient than traditional electrolysis, then it might be worthwhile. But, if it always ignites the hydrogen, that's not so cool. Wasteful and dangerous......
    Lee
    W6EM

Soon! There is another way to produce Hydrogen on Demand and not the electolysis method. It is cost effective and could be within 3 years.
    N9AS

Quote Originally Posted by N9AS View Post
    Soon! There is another way to produce Hydrogen on Demand and not the electolysis method. It is cost effective and could be within 3 years.
    N9AS
    Cost effective in what application? Do you mean as a replacement for existing electrolysis processes? So it would be a way to improve energy efficiency then rather than a source of energy. Right?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming "Wow, what a ride!!!"
    [url]www.wy6k.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by N9AS View Post
    N9AS
    There is another method being used that involves high pressure/temperature steam breaking up methane molecules. I don't know how energy efficient that one is. But, it would be storage-inefficient anyway since its gas to gas, not liquid to gas. Plus, I think its a fuel cell process, hence the H is recombined into water and the waste heat is captured and used for heating air/water.

As far as processes are concerned, think gas to liquid, then store and burn the liquid or go back to gas prior to combusion ala propane and butane.

If you've ever used a CNG vehicle, you know how limited the ranges are and a hassle the high pressure refuelling can be.

I'd have to peddle really hard to generate enough RF out of Kanzius' QRO amplifier to release enough H2 to feed a decent sized engine.
    Lee
    W6EM

Default Good to the last drop

I could use an HF rig with a built in coffee cup warmer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast