ad: l-Waters
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov

Default Yaesu FT-450 any opinions?

The FT-450 has caught my eye. Anyone know how reliable and how
    it performs?

Dan

I have had my FT-450 for a month and really like it. It has an excellent receiver and lots of features for the $$$. I am verry happy with my purchase.

Default Fine rig April 21, 2008

I bought mine at the beginning of this month at HRO, it's Yaesu month and their on sale for 699.00 with the auto tuner. So far I love it, easy to program, easy to see what your doing, manual is very well written. Well worth the money.

Thanks Everyone,

Dan

Default Ft-450

I have had mine about 6 months. I bought it from another ham who didn't like the ergonomics.

So far, so good. It is a step up from my previous rig, an IC-718. DSP works well, audio reports are good. I have worked many of the DXPeditions, and have 48 states confirmed. Not bad for low sunspots and an operator who is not on very much.

It is not a mobile rig, not a contest rig, but is good for the new or casual ham. My complaints are minor - the ergonomics could be significantly improved, and the manual is marginal. You have to play with it to understand the quirks.

Summary - I am happy with the rig, but if you are considering one, use it first.

K6CRC

Default ft-450

somebody got the sevice menu manual for this rig? im in the nead for it. iv gott the service menu manual for the ft-817 if anyone neads it. 73's

I couldn't locate one either. I went to all of the usual sites, DX Zone, etc.

Dan

Default Going back to yaesu service for the 2nd time

Very unhappy with the rig ..first it is to small....you need to have you 2 year old grandchild turn the tuning knob..also have had problems with TRX output not putting out full 100 watts.........yaesu fixed the problem the first time...........and It is on its way back again to yaesu..........same problem 2nd time in less than 1 year

Try Icom 718.....much better rig........

I like the IC-718

Dan

Hello,

Im using the latest version of the FT-450AT and it is a really good radio. But the first version of the rig had some problems with the software and the receiver and the build-in-tuner. Because of this small problems the FT-450 got some bad reviews in the past, but the second issue of the radio works very well and all the problems seem to be fixed.
    It is a "very compact" radio and the menu could be done better but if you spend a little time into the radio it is no real problem. Before you do the first QSOs you should setup the service menu due to your likes/dislikes.
    The DSP works very well.
    The only thing about the radio that i do not like is the microphone. It is quite big and quite uncomfortable in your hand. I will use a MD-100 desk-mike in the future.
    A great radio at all.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast