ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

Default Ham Radio Turning Nude

Just received some QSL cards, my youngest went to the Central post office and collected them.

One OM kindly sent me his qsl card of a full nudity nature.

I know this might be accepted in the west but for me and for my family setting beside me to see such fully nude photograph on a qsl card, did not give a great impression about ham radio, especially to the youngest.

No hard feelings to any one, for me just an ordinary card will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by A71AN View Post
    Just received some QSL cards, my youngest went to the Central post office and collected them.

I know this might be accepted in the west but for me and for my family setting beside me to see such fully nude photograph on a qsl card, did not give a great impression about ham radio, especially to the youngest.

I can't wait to get KWW's fully nude card.
    "The more you know, the less you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by kl7aj View Post
    I can't wait to get KWW's fully nude card.
    I can ...
    The AR15/M16 - Irritating practically everyone since 1960...

W0BKR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A71AN View Post

If that op is like any I have seen at Hamfests, I don't want to see him fully nude! Hi.
    Seriously though, I think those are "cute" but I never use them nor do I want them.

This is not something that should be joked about ! There are parts of the world in which nudity is VERY OFFENSIVE ( and should be everywhere ! )

Rashed is absolutely correct. I would not want to be receiving a card of that nature, myself, and I am sure that a great number of amateurs would be highly offended if a card such as that came in the mail.

Com'on people, there are so many things that you COULD send, especially to a DX station that would be so much more worthwile. How about a picture of some historically or geographically significant sight that is close to your QTH. I am just a few miles away from the Antietam and Gettysburg Battlefields, where some of the most significant battles of our Civil War were waged. I would much rather send out a card, and I am sure that someone like Rashed would much rather receive one with a picture of those, than a nude! You might actually be able to teach someone a bit about our nation's history!

Bless you , Rashed, for taking a stand against this sort of thing! There are a lot of us who agree with you, emphatically !

73, Jim

Sounds to me like they weren't in an envelope either.

If thats the case, isn't that illegal in some parts of the world?
    Joshua, KD6NIG
    Since 1992. General July 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by AG3Y View Post
    This is not something that should be joked about ! There are parts of the world in which nudity is VERY OFFENSIVE ( and should be everywhere ! )

Rashed is absolutely correct. I would not want to be receiving a card of that nature, myself, and I am sure that a great number of amateurs would be highly offended if a card such as that came in the mail.

Com'on people, there are so many things that you COULD send, especially to a DX station that would be so much more worthwile. How about a picture of some historically or geographically significant sight that is close to your QTH. I am just a few miles away from the Antietam and Gettysburg Battlefields, where some of the most significant battles of our Civil War were waged. I would much rather send out a card, and I am sure that someone like Rashed would much rather receive one with a picture of those, than a nude! You might actually be able to teach someone a bit about our nation's history!

Bless you , Rashed, for taking a stand against this sort of thing! There are a lot of us who agree with you, emphatically !

73, Jim
    Thank you my friend, I will really approcaite it when I do a contact with you to receive a photograph of some where near where you live and keep it on my station.

I am not close minded at all, it is just a matter of respect for my people, specailly my familly, I know very well that even in the west, most of the people will not like such cards, even if very few did.

My friend again I have no hard feeling for the sender and I will send him my card with pleasure, but his card I can not keep along with my card collections at all.

I will request him for another card and I will send him some thing for the return postage cost.

Sending a card twice is also costing him a lot.

Thank you again my friend and I wish you and your all of the best

73 my friend
    Last edited by A71AN; 03-25-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AG3Y View Post

73, Jim
    You're right James. I didn't even think the girly photos people sent on SSTV ages ago were called for, either. Much better to send some boat anchor pics.

eric
    "The more you know, the less you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by KD6NIG View Post
    Sounds to me like they weren't in an envelope either.

If thats the case, isn't that illegal in some parts of the world?
    My friend these days, some stuff will find its way out of the restrictions, no more those old days, things are changing which I do not mind at all, but should not be too fast of a change and there should be enough time for the people to convert themself's with the changes.

The reason I posted this thread here is to see, what most of my friend think about it, they might have a better understanding of such matter and I might learn the right thing from them, this is just not remain living with only my beleives and thoughts.

Thank you my friend and wishing you all of the best

That type of QSL card is in very poor taste. I'm sure the operator thinks it's clever or funny but as Jim pointed out, that sort of thing can be very offensive to some people. As an amateur radio operator I like to put my best foot forward especially with DX stations and sending nude photos is not the way to do that.
    I'm sorry you don't have the experience or understanding to realize that others possess a skill set that you seem to dismiss as fantastical.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast