ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
    Western Michigan. Great summers but nasty winters.

Default W6WBJ locks horns with the FCC

The author of this notorious letter has been ordered to appear before an ALJ:

http://www.ki6ky.com/ayj.htm

Here is the Hearing Designation Order:

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...A-08-361A1.pdf

And here is a link to his first set of interrogatories:

http://users.innercite.com/bcrowell/.../interrogs.doc

This should be an exciting case folks! I will keep you posted as it unfolds. Bill would do it himself but he has been banned from this site.

I think he has also been banned from Hamsexy but I am not sure about that.

He still has privileges on eHam. That is where I found the news about his Designation Order.

Popcorn anyone?
    Mark, K8MHZ

Lightly salted and buttered please.

Western Michigan. Great summers but nasty winters.

How about we take some bets?

Who thinks Bill will prevail?

Who thinks the FCC will?

Or should I start another thread with a poll?

My bet is that Bill will prevail. He has done his homework and is *very* crafty.

Oh, and I like my popcorn with lots of butter, salted, and washed down with beer.
    Mark, K8MHZ

Default Popcorn!

I'll take it plain, but hot and freshly popped.

Small popcorn please, because this will not take long. W6WBJ's letter and interrogatories are just awful. He is trying to put Riley on trial. That is not going to happen. This part is enough to get his license revoked:

We find that Crowell’s apparent past and continuing course of conduct raises questions as to whether he possesses the requisite character qualifications to remain a Commission licensee. Crowell’s history of FCC-related transgressions and apparent contempt for the Commission’s regulatory authority are patently inconsistent with his responsibilities as a licensee and belie any suggestion that he can be relied upon to comply with the Commission’s rules and policies in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ww3qb View Post
    Small popcorn please, because this will not take long. W6WBJ's letter and interrogatories are just awful. He is trying to put Riley on trial. That is not going to happen. This part is enough to get his license revoked:
    BINGO! Give the man a kewpie doll.
    Audie
    SKCC #927
    Virginia Fone Net #72

Quote Originally Posted by k8mhz View Post
    How about we take some bets?

Who thinks Bill will prevail?

Who thinks the FCC will?

Or should I start another thread with a poll?

My bet is that Bill will prevail. He has done his homework and is *very* crafty.

Oh, and I like my popcorn with lots of butter, salted, and washed down with beer.
    BILL, IF YOU READ THIS, TAKE SOME TIPS FROM THE JACK GERRITSEN CASE, you know as well as I do that the FCC cannot prevent freedom of speech.
    [IMG]http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/6762/21904969lwi8.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ww3qb View Post
    I have to say negatory, OM.

Why, just look at K1MAN - license still valid, outstanding NAL and the FCC is doing diddly.

In fact if they keep this up he'll never have to renew his license, and he'd have saved the vanity fee.

Hey, if I wa cheap, maybe I should broadcast "bulletins" so maybe I could get my vanity fee taken care of...

Hmm, good point Ryan. Maybe I was too hasty in turning down the popcorn! The FCC seems to be a paper tiger with any transgressor that puts up a fight.
    Audie
    SKCC #927
    Virginia Fone Net #72

Default Bets...

Hmmm...

My bet:
    Bill's license won't be renewed, similar to other ex-Hams who lost theirs due to "qualification of character".

Why? Even ignoring the jamming allegations, there are free speech restrictions in the CFR that exclude F-bombs, etc. from the transmitted amateur radio vocabulary. Transmitting such language after 47 CFR 113(a)(4) prohibiting it became law means that Bill's alleged activity (from what I understand was transmitted) was patently illegal. I'd be surprised if enough evidence got suppressed to the point that the FCC couldn't make their case. But even if that occurred, it seems like the FCC has him nailed on ethical qualifications as a licensee.
    Last edited by ki6nno; 02-28-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast