ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper

Hey guys,

Do I have it right that the new bottom limit freq. for General Phone on 80m is 3.800 (down from 3.850), and the new low limit on 40m is 7.175 (down from 7.225) ?

TNX 73

W2BBQ

ARRL Link

Yes. That is correct. 73
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be. :D

Don't forget the other general bands ; 3525 to 3600 and 7025 to 7125. You don't even need a microphone there.
    73.....JD, FISTS #3853,cc 455,SKCC # 1395,tribune #12,
    Official US Taxpayer

I'm getting back into ham radio after 50 years of an expired call sign, W1BNJ which is still available!! #Anyway, I've been using QRZ test pages on the web to bone up for the general license, and find some questions on band privileges not matching the frequencies on the latest ARRL Band Page. #Are the test questions wrong? #Might I get an obsolete question to answer?

Noticed some talk about the new no-code situation. #My reason for getting involved again is to start a radio club at a nearby Christian school where I've taught some electronics. #Maybe some new youth.

Bruce Wedlock

Hi Bruce,

Yes apparently that will be so regarding band plan questions. My copy of the Gordy West Study Book says on the cover that the current question pool is in place until June 30, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (w2bbq @ April 22 2007,16:18)]Hi Bruce,

Yes apparently that will be so regarding band plan questions. My copy of the Gordy West Study Book says on the cover that the current question pool is in place until June 30, 2008.
    which book? the new test pool goes into effect July 1 2007 per the ARRL website, unless there is a gordo book which I dont know about, the 5th edition is the one Im using to upgrade, the current test pool does have some questions that have been removed also check ARRL for info on the ones that have been removed, the FCC has the answers for all the test pool, I would go by those answers
    ke6sma

I read somewhere (I think here) that the band questions that have changed will not show up on an exam until after July 1.

Well, yes you can use 3.800 MHz, however you must remember that if you even dial in 3.802 MHz and transmit on L sideband your transmission will be out of band. No part of your signal must cross the border of 3.800 MHz as per the FCC.

Study the current bandplan. Any questions where the answers changed after Feb. '07 will have a sticker on it with the new Q and As.
    -73, Eric
    KB0LPI
    I'm roadkill on the CW Superhighway......