Callsign

Thread: ADIF to Excel Spreadsheet Converter?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters

Default ADIF to Excel Spreadsheet Converter?

I could use something like that too.
    Typing contest contacts logged on N1MM into my regular excel log spreadsheet is TRULY a PITA.

A PITA 'specially since the number of contacts that I make in contests are increasing.
    Politicians...Round em up...Drown them all and start over !

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (NN4RH @ Mar. 27 2007,00:07)]Does anyone know of a utility for converting ADIF format log files to Excel spreadsheet or comma-separated values (CSV)?

I found one by browsing online - "lotw2csv" but I can't get it to work on generic ADIF files - seems to be tailored to only convert files from LOTW.
    I have only tested this on a sample .adi file that I found on the Internet, so I am not sure how it will work for you, but you may certainly try it.

adif2csv converter

Since I have no idea what you would want to do with any header information, it is all thrown out. Each record has to end with <eor> of course.

I guess it won't hurt to try it. Upload your adif file, then either click on the download link to view the data, or right-click and choose save file or 'Open link in external application' and see what happens.

Let me know if it works for you.

--
    Tom Green / W1SDM
    --
    Tom Green / W1SDM
    [URL="http://www.slowscantv.com/"]http://www.w1sdm.com/[/URL]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=DarkRed]Don't anthropomorphize computers, they hate it when you do that...[/COLOR][/FONT]

Maybe converters are hard to find because they aren't required. Excel will open an ADIF (.adi) file directly. When opening a file you have to tell Excel to look for "all files" not just excel files. After you select the file, in the next window select "Fixed width" and move the scroll box past the header down to the first line of data. Hit Next. In the next window, select "Space" for a delimiter. Hit Next, then Finish.

After you are finished editing the file, save a copy in excel format in case you have to go back and edit some more. Then save a copy in tab delimited-txt-format. Exit Excel and change the extension on the tab-delimited-txt (.txt) file to adi. You now have a new edited ADIF file.

If you work state QSO parties and would like to convert the 3 or 4 letter group used as a contest exchange to valid county names so that it will appear in an ADIF file, look at the converter in this link.
    http://software.ad1c.us/#County

Jerry, K4SAV

This is interesting. I actually did this once. My logger is ARMAP32 from Germany. It allows exports to the ADIF format.

Let me investigate.
    73 de Bob - AB8MA

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (NN4RH @ Mar. 27 2007,07:07)]Does anyone know of a utility for converting ADIF format log files to Excel spreadsheet or comma-separated values (CSV)?

I found one by browsing online - #"lotw2csv" but I can't get it to work on generic ADIF files - seems to be tailored to only convert files from LOTW.
    Save your exported file as a .txt file. Then import it to Excel using your choice of delimiters..
    73 de Bob - AB8MA

Glad you found something that works, but now I'm confused about what you are trying to do. I thought you wanted to edit an ADIF file using Excel. When you said you wanted to remove the descriptors such as <Name:n>, that would make it no longer an ADIF file, so apparently you want to convert it to a straight text file. Are you trying to convert it to a Cabrillo file? If you want to convert an ADIF file to a CVS file, that's easy, import it into a blank Logger32 database, then export it as a CVS file. That's about the same thing you did with ACLog.

I'm still curious as to why you would want to convert an ADIF to a CVS file. What are you going to do with a CVS file? There may be some programs that can import a CVS file, but I don't know of any.

Jerry, K4SAV

Use this tool called dbload, it may solve your problem.

Find Here : http://www.dbload.com