ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

I was wondering whether anyone had come across a hidden menu for the Kenwood TS-480SAT?

I know some radio's have them but haven't found any info relating to the above.
    The radio is a superb piece of kit which I am extremely happy with as it is but being the nosy person I am can't help wondering
    Best Regards,
    Martyn-MM0XXW

"Footprints in history aren't made by those who remain seated!"

Thumbs up

Martyn -

Some recent processor based radios have "service menus". #When present, these are used by factory personnel to properly setup the newly manufactured radio -- with properly calibrated test equipment.

Today, FEW amateurs have access to this equipment at their home workbench (outside of individuals who work in the industry) to work or modfiy these settings. #

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]... being the nosy person I am .. I can't help wondering
    Better than a golden screwdriver tech

Bench time at Kenwood US was $75 / hour -- last time I checked. #In British Pounds, that can be an expensive lesson.

w9gb

Nullius in verba

I can say I DEFINITELY would not mess about if there were any access to the 'services' menus Greg .... like I said just 'nosy' and like to know absolutely everything regarding the intricacies of the stuff I'm using
    Best Regards,
    Martyn-MM0XXW

"Footprints in history aren't made by those who remain seated!"

Martyn -

It would not surprise me -- if it would exist -- but I have not seen anything about this radio.

The practice is not uncommon:
    "Overclocking" processors
    "Speed or performance chips" for changing parameters with automobiles/trucks

w9gb