Callsign
ad: Rohn-1
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS delivered my radio to the wrong address!

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
    w3mv Guest

After a long delay in shipping due to the ice/snow storm this week, it looks like UPS delivered my new/used radio to the wrong address! I called UPS, and they claim that the package was delivered to my exact address. However, there is no way a UPS delivery truck would have made it down my long driveway without leaving tracks as the cleared area was barely wide enough for a car (my wife was also home all day, and never heard nor saw UPS Brown enter the driveway). As I purchased this radio off of an eBay seller using PayPal and had very little luck in recovering my funds from their dispute process for an eBay deal gone bad last year, I guess I am going to have to dispute the charge if UPS cannot recover my radio.

Has anyone ever had UPS deliver one of their radios to a wrong address? If so, did you manage to recover it? Hopefully, the radio was delivered to one of my honest neighbors and it will show up at my house sometime tomorrow.

thisssss is why you get signature required on all stuff over $100

You'll have to play by UPS's rules with regards to disputing this unless you paid for it with Visa, which should be your second line of protection (always pay for stuff with a MC/Visa/major credit card - that way you can chargeback and dispute if stuff goes haywire).

Also, "they couldn't have gotten down my driveway" won't get you very far....
    KC4YLV
    EM26wc

w3mv Guest

Yes, but my wife was home all day, and never heard nor saw a UPS truck pull into our driveway (our house is too far away from the road for a UPS driver to waste his/her time walking down the driveway).

Requesting a signature doesn't help either, they will deliver it to the wrong house and let the person at the wrong house sign for it. That’s what happened to me with my new ts-570 and my hustler 5BTV. I saw the UPS truck go by my house and on its way back down the street I flagged him down because the computer said my stuff was on the truck “out for delivery”.

When I told him what it was and my house number he stood there with a dumbfounded look and said he thought my house was the one down the street and he had already made the delivery. After he realized the mistake he drove back down the street and explained to the person at the wrong house what the deal was and picked the stuff back up and brought it down to my house. If I had not stopped him who knows what would have happened. And yes the person at the wrong house DID sign for the package.

When you ship with UPS, request a signature, INSURE the hell out of what ever is in the box and always purchase it with a credit card. If you don’t have this to hang over their head most merchants will just tell you to take it up with UPS.

UPS is not what they used to be by any means. They are worse than airport baggage handlers. These days I will pay the couple extra bucks and ship with FEDEX they are much gentler on packages and much more responsive when you have an issue.

Good luck on your fight

Eric KC5FOG
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hello.

UPS has delivered guns ordered by the Houston police department to a residence before.
    The person who signed thought it was for his boss, and took it to the business.
    When the package was opened the business owner called the Houston police.
    UPS? no comment.
    The packages had nothing on the outside to indicate what was inside, just HPD and the address.

w3mv Guest

The problem with UPS is that only the shipper can initiate the "package trace" process. If the shipper refuses to initiate the trace process, then the problem will be between my bank and eBay’s middleman PreyPal.

eBay - your first mistake
    Joseph Durnal - [callsign]NE3R[/callsign] ex N3PAQ
    [URL="http://cryptojoe.blogspot.com"]http://cryptojoe.blogspot.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (KB3OMV @ Feb. 17 2007,02:49)]After a long delay in shipping due to the ice/snow storm this week, it looks like UPS delivered my new/used radio to the wrong address! I called UPS, and they claim that the package was delivered to my exact address. However, there is no way a UPS delivery truck would have made it down my long driveway without leaving tracks as the cleared area was barely wide enough for a car (my wife was also home all day, and never heard nor saw UPS Brown enter the driveway). As I purchased this radio off of an eBay seller using PayPal and had very little luck in recovering my funds from their dispute process for an eBay deal gone bad last year, I guess I am going to have to dispute the charge if UPS cannot recover my radio.

Has anyone ever had UPS deliver one of their radios to a wrong address? If so, did you manage to recover it? Hopefully, the radio was delivered to one of my honest neighbors and it will show up at my house sometime tomorrow.
    Yes, It happened to me.
    My address is 310, I waited all day for the radio. Finally, I went onto their website and it said "Delivered on porch". I went Nuts.
    Icalled them but they told me the driver was still out. So I then used some common sense and decided to walk down the street and check address 301 Yep, There it was, sitting on the Porch. Whew, was I relieved !!

I hope you get it back. They usually make the driver go back to where he Delivered it in a situation like that.

Gordon

I DO get upset when UPS leaves thiungs by the door, even when someone is home; they often don't even ring the doorbell!

But if "signature required" is specified, and they deliver to the wrong address, the signature will obviously not match the adressee's name, so you have a good point of contention there. (If you're John Doe and Tom Smith signed for the package, then there IS a problem that is UPS's fault.)

They've done it to me three times now, the last one was a $10,000 insurance check!! I tracked that one every step of the way and when it didn't show up in time I was on the phone with the local UPS office. He said it was delivered to the back door, I informed him I live in a berm home and as such it has no back door. Fortunately for them the guy that lives at the address they deliver to when they screw up is a nice guy and usually just brings it over to me or gives me a call on the phone.
    [COLOR="SandyBrown"][FONT="Courier New"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin[/FONT]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who comes near that precious jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. When you give up that force, you are ruined."[/FONT]
    Patrick Henry
    [/COLOR]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast