ad: l-assoc
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG

Brian, thanks for posting the link to my CNN coverage. I'm serious about my job and I like to bust bad guys. It's what I do. If a few guys like Whitney are interested in defending foul-mouthed morons, I can't do much about it. I'm assuming you're a guy Whitney. I can't tell due to your name, but if you're a woman, I apologize in advance for calling you a guy.

Hey, this is America and even idiots have rights. I would point out though, that Karol Madera is a Canadian citizen, and as such, he has no rights in America. In my opinion, his racial slurs are an insult to all Americans, because our country is based on equality. Sure, we still struggle with issues of race, but when Madera makes disgusting remarks about women's breasts, and having sex with "colored women," he insults all women, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to go on about how disgusting he is, because it's all well documented at www.ve7kfm.com

For some reason, Karol Madera (VE7KFM) and George Zardecki (N9VTB) have taken an interest in my career. Karol and George sent bogus letters of complaint to my commanding officer about (of all things) the way I run my ham radio station. My department basically told them that I'm an amateur licensee in good standing with the FCC and that my hobbies are of no concern to my department. At any rate, regulating how I run my radio station in my off-hours is of no concern to my employers.

I've learned a few things in my years as a Police Detective. Take this as a warning, those of you who have commented about Madera and Zardecki. Whenever you stand up for what's right, you'll have some idiot trying to tell you that you're wrong. Whenever you take action against bad guys, one of them will try to smear your good name. Whenever you expose one of them, they'll try to convince the weak-minded to do you wrong.

I know Madera and Zardecki (thankfully banned from QRZ) have tried smear Riley Hollingsworth, Fred Lloyd, and Brian Crow, and now they're trying to do it to me. These are the tactics bad guys always use to try to cover their tracks while they mislead the public. Don't buy it. QRZ stands for decency and good amateur practice and so do Crow, Hollingsworth, and myself. I know a lot of you readers out there don't like to hear Madera bashing the USA. Some of you say "ignore him and he'll go away" but I'm here to tell you that ignoring criminals only encourages them. Hopefully, the Canadadians will take a stand against this threatening blowhard soon.

73 and good luck,

Tom Whatley, N1FM
    Canada considers him a fruitcake R.Hollingsworth, Dayton DE N1FM 20 WPM/Extra

Mr. Crow, in these days and times when children are a “BURDEN” to their parents’ lifestyle, it is refreshing to know that people like Mr. Whatley still care. I totally applaud his concern for our/my children. Even with the Canadians ignorant and misguided threats directed to the United States and Mr. Whately, he reunited a mother and child. I personally have told the story of Tom Whately and his never say stop attitude, with “AMATEUR” pride. As for Whitney/ Mr.Tritch, you are missing the point. It is not about VE7KFM or N1FM or KA3TKZ. It is about what is right. Mr. Whately did this without any remuneration or agenda in mind. When the Canadian is bashing America and saying various comments (lies) about himself, you/we need to wake up. There comes a time in everyone’s life that they need to call BULLS#!^. This particular Canadian Station is making it seem like a HERO is the villain. Who would you rather be looking for your child, VE7KFM or N1FM? I KNOW MY ANSWER !!!!!!!

AND SLEEP TIGHT (knowing the Police are looking out for you and your children)
    I KNOW I WILL

Bob
    Rotate your tires

Obviously, VE7KFM and N9VTB and KC0UWS were all banned from QRZ for good reason. Why any American citizen would join in "al Qaeda Karol's" smear campaign is beyond me. I'm surprised Karol's friend was able to count to ten, although, he didn't say much. I will admit his "forth" point about ev-uh-dense cul-leck-shun was amusing.

Bob, thanks for your thoughts. I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't let my kids near VE7KFM with a 100 foot Pole, and I know you wouldn't either. Even disregarding his comments about having sex with dead bodies, he's one very creepy dude.

Detective Tom, thanks again for all the hard work you do to help keep our kids safe every day. I know it makes your job harder when "witless" citizens make unfounded accusations based on crazy statements made by drunks, derelicts, and dope addicts.

Tom, give us an update about those Pilfering Priests when you get a chance. It's a little different to see a priest stealing instead of the usual reasons you see priests in the news. I'm interested to hear how that case is proceeeding!

VR
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]

[/COLOR][h=2]§ 97.101(b)[/h]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Each station licensee and each control operator must cooperate in selecting transmitting channels and in making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies. No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    [/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.k3vr.com"]www.k3vr.com[/URL]

Hello.

MOST hams are people following a hobby, having fun and learning on the way.
    A small number of people are total losers, and trive in trying to take people down with them, some, it just so happens, are hams.
    Now, if it were not for people like n1fm, this small monority would be the majority voice.
    Just like CB radio, with its agitators and shootouts, channel masters and the like.
    We, as the amateur community, need more n1fm types and less of the socal outcast trash types.

ka5piu/hz1tx.

Please let me edit my last message. I gave the incorrect information. maybe this will refresh some memories and enlighten others.

Mr.Whatley I did nothing to you that you did not do to yourself. I have nothing bad to say about your good deeds posted here. Congratulations! Keep up the fine work as a detective.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Link removed by QRZ Staff.

Tom, Rudy, Bob, Steve, John, Josh, and Ryan --

Did you guys post a shot of your stations in the station pics thread? The description of my shack is in the thread titled:

Let's See Your Station!! Mine is on at the bottom of the page.

Lots of nice stations there. Here's my latest pic:

K3VR Shack
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Each station licensee and each control operator must cooperate in selecting transmitting channels and in making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies. No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    [/COLOR]

Quote[/b] (K3VR @ Jan. 18 2007,18:09)]Tom, Rudy, Bob, Steve, John, Josh, and Ryan --

Did you guys post a shot of your stations in the station pics thread? The description of my shack is in the thread titled:
    Brian,

Mine's about halfway down Page 4 of that thread.

Since I took the pic, I've added several Cubic rigs, power supplies and an antenna tuner to the top row. I can't help it; I collect the things. By the way - that shot is of the rig layout in my computer lab - which is not my main operating position.

The big station underwent a renovation over the holidays - but it's still not presentable enough for a photograph. There are 3 complete Drake 7-lines and an FT902DM/FV101Z/FTV901R currently operational, along with several general-coverage rigs, an assortment of VHF/UHF FM mobile gear and a CB rig or two.

I had a Cubic Astro 103, PSU6, 1500ZA and ST2B set up but relinquished the spot to the Yaesus. That may change shortly; I miss having an amp inline ... it always comes in handy for chatting on 20M when the band's half-broken.
    The AR15/M16 - Irritating practically everyone since 1960...

Quote[/b] (K3VR @ Jan. 18 2007,18:09)]Tom, Rudy, Bob, Steve, John, Josh, and Ryan --

Let's See Your Station!! Mine is on at the bottom of the page.

Lots of nice stations there. Here's my latest pic:

K3VR Shack
    Brian,

I havent posted yet, but will post this weekend. Enjoying the "Cold weather" in Orlando right now, 70 degrees @ 9:15pm local. I will get with you on 40/80 Friday.

Bob
    Rotate your tires

Roger Bob, looking fwd to hearing you on the air again.

And John, excellent stuff -- my wife has an old Sauder desk too!!

VR
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]

[/COLOR]

Quote[/b] (K3VR @ Jan. 18 2007,20:24)]Roger Bob, looking fwd to hearing you on the air again.

And John, excellent stuff -- my wife has an old Sauder desk too!!

VR
    There's a big O'Sullivan corner hutch to the left of that Sauder desk, and opposite the hutch is an executive desk of unknown origin. On and underneath them rest all of my computer equipment. The whole outfit is in a "J" shape, with enough room between the desks for me to move around comfortably.

The 'shack' isn't really made for talking, but for researching rig-control protocols and developing software which utilizes them. A couple smallish HF antennas - a 2M vertical - and a discone for the scanners feed the various rigs. Still, they're enough for testing purposes.

One of the current projects I'm undertaking involves the design and construction of an internal DDS (replacement PTO) unit for the Drake 7-line equipment. That necessitates piling yet another piece of equipment (a TR7) onto the Sauder unit; the other test gear (scopes, waveform generators, etc) needed for the project are at the moment cluttering up the server 'desk' ...
    The AR15/M16 - Irritating practically everyone since 1960...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast