ad: UR5CDX-1

The Eighth ORARI National Conference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC8PPD, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC8PPD

KC8PPD Ham Member QRZ Page

The Eighth ORARI National Conference is scheduled from September 8 to 10, 2006 in Denpasar, Bali. ORARI, Indonesia's IARU member society, holds its national conference every 5 years to elect its new officers and to report the work done by outgoing officers. The national conference, which is attended by representatives from the regional and local branches, will offer forums to review and update the organization's bylaws as well as to provide recommendations to the government on matters related to amateur radio regulations. A Ham Fair will be held in conjunction with the conference. A special event station, YE9BALI will be on the air from the Ham Fair. The Ham Fair will include various activities ranging from antenna assembling contest, CW contest, eyeball QSO, as well as music and dance performances. In the past, the Ham Fair draws around 6000 people, and this year, organizers expect to have amateur radio visitors from the neighboring countries such as Malaysia, Japan, and Australia. See their web site http://www.orari-bali.org for more information.

Ketut Wiadnyana
    KC8PPD/YB9BWN
    Hamfest Publication and Documentation Section
    ORARI Daerah Bali

2. YB2ECG

YB2ECG Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulation and good luck.
    Please bring 'the amateur radio spirits' back to ORARI! [​IMG]

3. YB2TJV

YB2TJV Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulation ORARI,
    My friend from Japan JA1NVF ( Katsumi-San ) and JA2MLP (Kozo-san) had confirmed to attend this Bali Ham Convention.
    Best 73

4. YC5OUB

YC5OUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulation and Goodluck. Hopefully we will do the best for us:cool:

5. VK6XH/SK2023

VK6XH/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets hope the discussions included stopping Indonesian hams from using 7.000 to 7.020 for SSB. Here in Perth trying to find a clear space to operate CW when the band is full of Indonesian stations completely ignoring the band plans, is impossible. they were even on 6.998 tonight, and on USB too.
    I've made an official complaint to the Indonesian authourities but guess what the response was..... overwhealming silence.
    Come on you 9M hams give us a break, stick to the band plans
    Keith

6. KC8PPD

KC8PPD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, Keith, we do know that pirate radios are a problem in Indonesia. The bigger problem is of course with our lack of enforcement (in almost anything). I doubt anyone said anything about pirate radios in the conference (I hope I'm wrong).

There is a CW net operating at 7.025 MHz, and I sure hope these guys will QSY whenever that happens. Our bandplan says Phone starts at 7.040. Call CQ at 7.025 and most likely you will get somebody out of the woodwork. Can you VK ops operate CW at 7.025 or no?

You also need to brush up on history. Ever since we won our independence in 1945, we have become a free country. That is, a free-for-all if you know what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.