ad: l-rl
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Hi guys,

I am looking to learn cw and I think I may have come up with a way for me to learn it... (this may sound silly) I was once listening to the normal radio before I went to sleep, I drifted off to sleep still leaving the radio on and in the morning found that I had got near enough all of a song in my head that I later found out had played whilst I was either asleep or dozing... Well, here's my thought... If I can find and MP3 of the morse alphabet with the letters read out as well as keyed, maybe I could learn morse sub-consiously... What do you think? Am I mad? (Yes... but we'll gloss over that&#33

Mark
    M0MJH/2E1MJH/M3MJH

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (M0MJH @ Aug. 17 2006,14:00)]Hi guys,

I am looking to learn cw and I think I may have come up with a way for me to learn it... (this may sound silly) I was once listening to the normal radio before I went to sleep, I drifted off to sleep still leaving the radio on and in the morning found that I had got near enough all of a song in my head that I later found out had played whilst I was either asleep or dozing... Well, here's my thought... If I can find and MP3 of the morse alphabet with the letters read out as well as keyed, maybe I could learn morse sub-consiously... What do you think? Am I mad? (Yes... but we'll gloss over that&#33

Mark
    M0MJH/2E1MJH/M3MJH
    You will not do it in your sleep. You must apply yourself to the job - sorry.

I have V V V bad CW but am again trying to over come my natural inability. If you want to practise on 80Mtrs with voice checking we could do that. It would help me.

Steve.

I have one. I use it in the car. I can't remember where it is. Search for morse code MP3. It's a LARGE file. Download it and burn it to a CD. Play it in your MP3 player.
    AB8RO : my blog
    Homebrew Forum Moderator

G4FON's morse trainer will create MP3 format files. You can put in your own messages via text file and make all the custom MP3s you want.

I think what he's looking for is something that essentially goes:

A... di dah
    B... Dah di di di

Another words, says the letter A, then sounds out the code.
    I had looked for something similar, closest I find are the Gorden West tapes (CD).

And I second the notion, you won't learn it in your sleep, though I might help to do both.
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

I have been useing these mp3s to help me out. On the right side of the page is the link to download them.

CW MP3s

Try this websit. www.aa9pw.com or search for aa9pw. I have downloaded some cw here and listened to it at work. I dont know if you can covert to MP3. Lots of other good info here. You can also select CW speed, letter or numbers or other options. Give it at shot. I know there are some programs that convert different audio formats.
    art KI5OP
    KI5OP SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS USA

As someone who took 3 tests to actually get the passing grade for Morse Code, let me tell you... Practice... conscience practice, constant practice... that is the only way I was able to do it... I tried listening to a mp3 player while working, nothing stuck... only when I used G4FON on my computer for nearly an hour each night was I able to do it. Good luck to you... G4FON like someone else said, is able to make MP3's.

Eric
    KE7EDW/AG
    "To live your life, you've got to lose it, and all the losers get a crown."