ZS8M: Marion Island Dxpedition

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by ZS1HF, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VK4QO

VK4QO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

VK4QO

Pierre.

Great to hear that you will be on air from Marion Isl. There are a lot of hams here in VK that will be listening, including me.
    have a safe trip and stay.

RON VK4QO

2. KG7HF

KG7HF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Pierre,
    Nothing wrong with Dipoles! There are lots of great configurations you could use, two dipoles phased to form a 2 element beam. For lower bands, maybe try a vertical loop fed on the side so it's vertically polarized it will have a low take off angle that way. You might also look into using an extended double zepp style antenna, longer than a dipole, but has a sharper pattern and more gain.

About amps, what about solid state with a switching power supply to reduce the weight?

Paul, kg7hf

3. ZS1HF

ZS1HF Ham Member QRZ Page

Arrived on Marion Island

Hi All,
    I arrived on Marion Island on 15 April, but will be operating as ZS1HF/P until the ship leaves for Cape Town.
    I have too much work to complete in the field before the ship leaves and operating ZS8M just places too much pressure on me. I will try and monitor 14,240 during the day, if and when I am in the base.
    Keep watching this site!

Pierre ZS1HF / ZS8M

4. K5FNQ

K5FNQ Ham Member QRZ Page

CW

Another request here for CW. Getting close to CW Honor Roll and could really use it. Hope you have a good stay on the island. Art K5FNQ:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.