Youth net network

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KG7YTS, Nov 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG7YTS

KG7YTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have started a net on a local repeater for Youth at 5pm AZ time on Saturdays. I want to know if there are any networks of Youth Nets out there that would have tips and things to discuss.

2. KG5HVO

KG5HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a youth net here in LA on Thursdays at 7PM CST on the W5DDL repeater. You can connect to it via echolink. Does the repeater in your area have echolink access? If so, what is the callsign of the repeater? 73 and Good DX, Bryant KG5HVO

3. KG7YTS

IT does have Echolink access but there have been problems with it lately.

4. KG5HVO

You should try checking in to the net here in LA and spread the word about your net. What is the callsign of the repeater that your net is on? 73 and good DX, Bryant KG5HVO

5. KG7YTS

The Repeater system callsign is K7EAR, I think.

6. KG8CX

KG8CX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    I run the Y.A.C.H.T. youth net on Sat. at 7pm CST on the W8PIF-R echolink system node #481872. Have been doing this since 2006. Each stations checks in and comments on what he or she have been doing with ham radio or any achievments they have made. Occasionally I'll have a question to answer. YACHT stands for "Young Amateurs Communications Ham Team" We have over 100 members. Check our webpage http://yachthams.webstarts.com/index.html

We are listed under youth nets on the ARRL website. Feel free to check in sometime and promote your youth net, and we'll do the same. 73 de KG8CX Ed

KG7YTS and (deleted member) like this.
  7. KG5HVO

I will try and check in to your net when I have a chance.

8. KG7YTS

Actually we may be changing repeaters, so I will let you know.

9. KG5HVO

Thanks and I look forward to having a QSO with you.