Young Hams in the Arkansas area

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KF5OZA, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KF5OZA

KF5OZA Ham Member

Hi, i'm David aka KF5OZA, a brand new amateur radio operator from Dardanelle, Arkansas. If you live in or near Dardanelle or Russellville, I would love to talk to you, reply to this post either with frequency information or ask for frequency information.
    Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
    -Dave
    KF5OZA

2. 2E0MLJ

2E0MLJ DX Helper/Administrative Assistant

Hi David,

I don't live anywhere near the area however I wish you the best of luck with your Radio Communications and hopefully one day we will chat.

Michael

3. KJ5T

KJ5T Ham Member

Let me know if you want to try for some 10 meter stuff, I am in Texas so it might be rough on 10 but we could try sometime. I am generally available in the evenings. Also do you do CW? My girlfriend (callsign to be announced soon) passed her Tech test Saturday and I are both interested in doing CW. I am going to pick up a paddle at Belton HamExpo and we are going to be listening to CW to get our speed up and would love to work some other CW n00bies. Remember as a tech you can do CW in the old Novice portion of the bands and 40 at night might be perfect. I will have to ask the YL to refresh me on where tech's are allowed to operate.

4. KF5OZA

KF5OZA Ham Member

I'm just a tech so I can't do anything with 10 meter. I don't have the equipment either. If my memory serves me correctly CW is Morse code, I may be interested in that later on but I just got my licenses and haven't had a chance to even look at that stuff. I may get into it later on though. Also thanks for responding.
    -Dave-

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Hambands_color.pdf

You have access to 10m between 28.3 and 28.5 :)

6. KF5OZA

KF5OZA Ham Member

thanks for the info KG4NEL. I love how supportive and ready to help the ham community is.
    I actually have that chart. I just spent some time studying it and realized how you are actually supposed to read it.
    Again thanks for the help. I never would have realized that I had the access to certain bands.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. KB3SJQ

KB3SJQ Ham Member

@KJ5T
    Hey Steve,
    My names Ben, and I'm interested in making a cw contact if you want. I just started cw and can do only about 7.5-10 wpm, so if your looking for a newbie I'm the guy. Any band you want is fine. Write me back if you're interested. Thanks!
    Best 73 de KB3SJQ

8. KJ5T

KJ5T Ham Member

Thanks Ben, I am starting lcwo.net lessons again after a long time of not doing code. It might be awhile before I am radio worthy but when I am we can set up a sked.

9. KB3SJQ

KB3SJQ Ham Member

Very good Steve! If you ever want to just write me a note on my qrz profile page.
    Best 73 de KB3SJQ

10. KF5PEG

KF5PEG Ham Member

I live in Russellville, KF5PEG,name is Dustin, I'm usually on in the evening around 5 or 6 p.m. just got my Tech license about 2 weeks ago. Feel free to holler at me anytime.

11. KF5OZA

KF5OZA Ham Member

I have spoken to you a few times on the .82 repeater Dustin....I think you may need to increase your power if possible....how old are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.