ad: GNOHF-1

YOU BE THE JUDGE ON THIS ONE

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD0USA, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W7VO

W7VO Ham Member QRZ Page

This morning he sent me an e-mail and asked where the picture was of my item with HIS callsign in the picture instead of mine. I asked him if there was anything ELSE I could put in the picture, other than his callsign. I never heard back from him. That tells me where this is going...... BTW, the e-mail address I got does not match what KD8DEY has above. I think WR2E is dead-nuts on with his assessment. This is meant to scam somebody else using me as the shill.....

2. KD0USA

KD0USA Ham Member QRZ Page

i gave him my PHONE # said to him Call me
    he did not call me he will keep doing what he does
    and if he SCREWS someone Sorry about that
    i said use your judgement

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Take a picture of your microwave, or toaster, or whatever... with his so-called callsign on it! I bet he don't know the difference...

Or, maybe make it less obvious that you're pulling his chain. Take a picture of some electronic gizmo, say a audio receiver or something...

How good are you at photo-shopping stuff? Maybe photoshop the model number of the radio onto the george foreman grill...

Would be funny to see that pop up for sale!

4. KD0USA

KD0USA Ham Member QRZ Page

this is One Reason you do NOT put anyone s Call Sign on your Radio that your selling ..As
    the Rules say that . QRZ will Flag the sale if it has No Call Sign . Ok if you want to Say
    it can go Both ways Say what your Gut tells ya ... I WILL NOT PUT ANY CALL ON A PICTURE
    OF A RADIO I AM GONNA SELL ONLY MINE ... HAVE A NICE DAY
    KDOZK

Why this post has been flagged with "Caution"

This listing was flagged with Caution because it did not conform to our swapmeet safety rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  5. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh come on gents. This has 1000% scam written all over it. That's a generic reply. He doesn't mention the item he wants and who in 5-land says "Hi Mate"

And "I look forward to read from you with details photos and priced shipped
    to me..." is English as second language.

KA0HCP likes this.
  6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

None of us had any doubt it is/was a scam... well, except maybe Fred!:p

7. W5TD

W5TD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, my account was hacked. This is the real AF5CC

8. WC3T

WC3T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I want to pipe up in defense of the REAL AF5CC, as he and I have done business together to our mutual benefit over the past year or so with multiple transactions. And he doesn't talk like that. :) I've bought many items from him and been satisfied each time.

John, a word of advice; if you can get your email up on your QRZ page it might go a ways to help mitigate this confusion.

9. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

John Gieger is very active in yahoo user groups - and has been as long as I have been there. I have no idea if this is a scammer or the real fella, or is the real fella who is a scammer. I just recognized his name and call from the Icom yahoo user group.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IC-706MKIIG/conversations/messages/13412

A post: from Sept 2015

13412FS: Icom FL101 250hz CW filter
    Expand Messages
    John Geiger
    Sep 15
    I have a good working Icom FL101 250hz CW filter for the 706/725/726/728/729/736/737/738/746/756/775 series of radios. WIll not work in the 703/707/718 radios. I am asking $65 shipped for it and can take paypal, check, or MO.

73 John AF5CC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.