ad: PortRo-1

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-Waters
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

worked YJ0VK on 10M SSB tonight, and tried on 12CW but they were working JAs and didn't hear me. They seem very active and that is the new trendy DXpedition to work this week.

QSL either LotW, Direct or via the VK QSL Bureau to VK2CA

not mentioned, but hope they use OQRS too. Might hafta fire up the LOTW one of these days to get these great contacts confirmed.

While chasing them on 12, I also worked CO6LE and HC2/KF6ZWD. YJ0VK faded out. Maybe tomorrow!
  2. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

got them on 10M SSB, didn't hear them on CW. weird.
  3. K9ASE

K9ASE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, it looks like it's time to try and keep up with the Jones's:)
  4. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

i am on 17M right now and have very weak copy, but i'm trying ;)
  5. KG7E

KG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

A good DX day. YJ0VK and JD1BMH in the log. Back to work tomorrow...blech
  6. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked him / them 10/15/20/30 december of 2011, and now 40m a few days ago. They / him confirmed on LoTW for me. 80m would be a good QSO.
  7. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

Whats weird, haven't you noticed that the DX WA6MHZ posts is always chip shots from the west coast!
  8. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

i expected to hear them on 10M CW as loud as on 17M CW and 10M SSB. i think they moved to 17M at that point. Pat has worked some DX that is a chip shot for me - he's beaten me in a pileup at least once.
  9. WA6MHZ

I have posted about the HK0NA, which was a Chip shot for the East Coast; 9U7T which was easy for East Coast and a BEAR for West Coast; A51B which was TERRIBLE for anyone in the US to work; 4W6A which was hard for East or West coast to nab; E4X which was an EAST COAST DREAM and no hope at all of the West Coast; and lots of other DX the East coast has a great time with (SV2ASP/A, etc) but no hope for West COast. SO I don't favor easy Pacific. Only those who are Jealous of West Coast stations complain about it.
  10. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

May the Fours be with you!
  11. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

They had good signal on 20M SSB into New England this morning!
  12. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes they did I worked them on 20m SSB at 4:15 am local time this morning a good 5x8.

Yes may the 4's be with all lol.

Some bi*ch about all the DX they can't work and how easy for others to do so. All I can say is get a real station or learn how to use the one you have I fight East, West Coast kilowatts everyday and most all of the DX I do work. If it was easy everyone would be a DXer and Top of the Honer Roll the others just fall away.
  13. WA6MHZ

Did work them on 20 SSB, but no joy on 40CW
  14. W7KRX

W7KRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Haven't had a chance for low bands yet, but pretty active on 15, 17 and 12 CW....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.