Yeasu Ftdx-1200 and FL-2100B

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KC8UDU, Jan 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KC8UDU

KC8UDU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey guys want to pick your brain.

I got a yeasu 2100b Amp and trying to hook it up to a yeasu ft-1200. I got the coaxs all hooked up correctly everything ready to go. I had amp working with a FT-2000 before. I also have a Ameritron 704 between the two so the radio is protected.

I hooked up the rcas into the amp and the radio. The manuel said put the cable into the Linear jack in back of radio. I did this and idk what happend but the ameritron 704 didn't like it. I didn't even have amp keying up yet and the 704 made a weird noise and I smelt eletric burning smell. I unhooked it all.

Radio still talking fine and everything but now I got reading and some of the cables said it needs to be into the tuner jack instead of linear. I guess at the moment I got a new cable coming

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts...-_-ameritron&gclid=CPebjNelx9ECFZi6wAodY54Lxg

Where do I hook this cable up in back of radio?? Also I opend up that 704 didn't see any damage. So I might just try it again?

What do y'all think?

Thanks
    kc8udu

2. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's what I did..... On the TUNER jack.....hook up the +13V and TX GND lines to the coil windings on a 12V SPST relay. Connect the normally open relay contacts across the RLY and E on the amp or into the keying jack if so equipped. My FL-2100B has a terminal strip.

When you key the radio, the external relay will key and the contacts will close and key the amp.

Max
    VE3TMT

3. KC8UDU

yeah I have the 2100b strip to a rca jack. I have a rca cable running to my Ameritron 704. I have my new cable coming. I will put that into my TUNER jack instead of the Linear Jack and we will try that. I know for sure I had it in the wrong jack and I ain't to sure my cable was bad. I will let you know going forward.

4. KC8UDU

VE3TMT -- just a heads up. I got it all connected up last night tuned her in at low wattage. All was looking good. Let the tubes warm up abit and was running her at 60watts in and was getting 600 watts out.

I bumped her up to 100 watts in and was getting 950 watts out. Seems like shes working just fine now.

Thanks
    Kc8udu

5. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm afraid your Power Meeter is rather exaggerating !

You'll get about 600 watts maximum out of your FL2100B.

Roger G3YRO

6. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was going to say exactly the same thing!

7. WA1P

WA1P Ham Member QRZ Page

Help please i looking for a trsforme for my yeasu fl2100 were can i get one? thanks for the help

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I sold my complete Amplifier for less than that price !

Roger G3YRO