Yaesu to release 200W and 100W HF SDR Transceivers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Aug 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AG7JQ

AG7JQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You can still control it from the PC as 6300 or 6400 without M

2. KK6GBY

KK6GBY Ham Member QRZ Page

As I said earlier, the knob or no knob thing is just my spin on this and not meant to be taken too literally. But for sure if you look at an HF rig and it doesn't have any knobs we know what it is.

As far as FLEX adding knobs to appeal to those not wanting to use a mouse and keyboard (meaning not wanting to use a PC), well, I think we all know what that's all about. We are, for the most part, an older group and many shy away from the world of PC's. We didn't grow up with them and many have refused to adopt them. So, no knobs means a smaller market potential for the manufacturer. So, you want knobs? We have them too!

AG7JQ likes this.
  3. AG7JQ

AG7JQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah for sure. I think SDR is less complex and cheaper to produce but still able in most cases to give very good performance. It looks like the things on business side will go this way. SDR is also more appealing to the younger hams that can't live anymore without computer.
    At the end, whatever the technology used, if there will be someone to answer our CQ it's OK.

4. N4MIT

N4MIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Then you'll be talking out Uranus? LOL

5. N4MIT

N4MIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had excellent support from Yaesu.

6. KB3MI

KB3MI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see a data or rtty mode setting like the 3000

7. K2SDS

K2SDS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Performance wise, RS232 serial is still superior and no buggy drivers required. RS232 ports demand and get an instant response from the PCs CPU. That's by design and goes back decades. USB just waits in line hence the latency issues.

VK6APZ likes this.
  8. W4POO

W4POO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

C O O L !!.....YAESU FT-DX 101 S D R .RADIO WOW;);)

9. KG2IS

KG2IS Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing... I mean nothing beats ANAN 7000/8000DLE so far.

Attached Files:

10. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The OP said 200 watts, Yaesu says 100 watts. Dual receive and DSP with waterfall display and independent control of the receivers. From what I can ascertain, it is not a direct sampling front end, if it is Yaesu has not said so. As near as I can tell this is an updated FTdx-3000 with a fancier internal computer control system for two receivers.

They also don't say that the receivers are independent, only that the control is independent. What does that mean? I don't know, have to wait and see. This could be a very competitive rig, or an also ran. The last really great contest radio they made was FT-1000D and that was a long time ago. My IC-7600 is SDR if you get right down to the nitty gritty so throwing the SDR word around does not meant much right now. When I see some published specs then I will be either impressed or not. Until then, the FTdx-101D is still vaporware.