ad: SOTA-1

Yaesu FTDX 3000

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KX4BW, Sep 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KX4BW

KX4BW Ham Member QRZ Page

When I key the radio it will beep and the fast tune light if its off will come on or if on it goes out. It does this everytime i key the mic if i key it with the mox button it doesnt t
    do it. I use a boom mic its the heil pr 781 and the hiel mic cord . I have changed the mic cord, and or left the mic disconnected and it still does it. any ideas about whats going on. the radio is just over 1 years old i have done a factory reset. i dont know what else to do
    73. KX4BW John

2. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

does this happen with the stock Yaesu Mic?

3. KX4BW

Yes sir it even with the stock mic. I did a factory resit on the radio just incase I had hit a button by mistake that didnt stop it and it foes it on both A,B vfo's

4. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If I were repairing this radio I would look at the Diodes and Transistors on the SW-A unit. Q8003 and D8015 is where i would start.

5. KX4BW

thanks for getting back to me but look at them is all i could do and even then i wouldnt know what i was looking at so if thats the problem then i will just have to send it to yaesu