Yaesu FT2-DR / RT Systems / SD Card Programming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by W6TAE, Dec 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6TAE

W6TAE Ham Member QRZ Page

While I do agree, there is a conflict between the HT and RT Systems software, I just don't know which way to turn to get a resolution. As I mentioned earlier, I am waiting for RT Systems to get back to me. Perhaps one of their smart guys has seen this problem and can provide a fix. Right now it is very frustrating!

-Tom / W6TAE

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like the best way to do it would be direct upload to radio, Format SD in radio and save data. Then everything after that would work fine using the RT software.

3. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

What has me stumped is I'm using the exact same set-up as you. The radio updates are identical as well as the RT Systems version. Maybe briefly look through your frequency list and make sure one (or more) of the memories didn't somehow get changed to some weird configuration the radio doesn't like.

4. W6TAE

I've tried that too! Still nothing! Still get the same message on the display in the radio " NOT COMPLETED".

5. AI6AK

Also, something else that came to mind. I did have an issue once where all I was trying to do was update my memories in the HT. Using the SD card it just didn't work right doing only the memories (no radio settings). Doing the complete "back-up" instead worked. Basically, copy the back-up from the radio to the SD card (even with zero memories saved) and then open the complete back-up file in RT. RT seems to like the complete back-up file because all the radio settings are saved as well as memories. Then save everything to the same backup.dat file to read back into the HT. Kind of reaching for straws here.

6. W6TAE

I'll give it a try ................

7. KA9JLM

I wonder if the upgrade broke something ?

I try to avoid them whenever possible.

Just for reasons like this.

8. AI6AK

I've never had any issues doing the upgrades. I'm not sure about how the other manufacturers do it but I would think Yaesu could make it a bit easier. I always read over the procedure several times and make sure I do every step exactly as instructed. So far it's worked fine. I do get a bit nervous when doing it though.

9. KA9JLM

I do too.

I never update firmware unless I can make a backup of the firmware that the radio has.

Once the update is done, Going back can be difficult.

10. AI6AK

Tom,
    I saw you come up on WIRES-X (America Link) around 1430 your time so I'm hoping you got your FT2DR working again.